• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diamond S Cans

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Has anyone got a bunch of time on theirs yet? Do we need to reinstall the cheesy heat shroud on the neck of the can? Sure looks to me that that wimpy little plastic bulk head would melt if you don't put that back on... I emailed Diamond and have yet to get a response...

K
Sep 4, 2012
Tri-Cities, WA
I put it back on, I'm sure Ski Doo had its reasons to be on there. Maybe protect the plastic, maybe to help with heat scavenging, maybe both.

It doesn't weigh jack, so unless it starts falling off or becoming an issue then I don't see a reason to leave it off, unless you want to see your pretty titanium colors on the neck of the can.

It's really not that bad:
22946104987_0368737d5f_b.jpg

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
I put it back on, I'm sure Ski Doo had its reasons to be on there. Maybe protect the plastic, maybe to help with heat scavenging, maybe both.

It doesn't weigh jack, so unless it starts falling off or becoming an issue then I don't see a reason to leave it off, unless you want to see your pretty titanium colors on the neck of the can.

It's really not that bad:
22946104987_0368737d5f_b.jpg

Not to go off topic, just bought the same can from Racinstation and looking at the photo, where would you guys mount a hotdogger or muffpot?

Spoke with Diamond S today and the reports over the past week are that the cans are working great! That the sled has even better throttle response and that the production sleds w/ the production can feels stronger than the prototypes did.

Zatch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Could any of you with the Diamond S Can post up an audio clip of their can? Lookeddd at Diamond S website and watched the video of it, but would like to hear it at idle and just a few garage braaaps... Thanks in advance

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I have one on my phone but apparently the format isn't allowed on Snowest. It's nice and quiet but definitely throatier than the stock can.

K
Sep 4, 2012
Tri-Cities, WA
Kevin... why did you choose the diamond S can? Iam undecided and would appreciate your thoughts.....

Sure. I am a new customer, so just know that I don't have previous experience with their cans, but went with the Diamond S quiet for:

+ Their reputation, I haven't bought from them before, but a person that I trust on these matters says they are quality builds.
+ I'm a fan of titanium, it's strength to weight is unmatched, its corrosion resistance is far better than stainless, and it looks cool as hell after it's been heated! And you save 13 lbs (and apparently gain 3.5 HP)
+ It is not obnoxiously loud and the sound is great, as Chadly mentioned, it definitely has a throatier pitch to the sound

Conversely:
- They are definitely expensive, Titanium is expensive and is tricky (and potentially dangerous) to weld. If there is a more expensive can on the market, I haven't seen it.

There was a slight hiccup on my order as well, but that was due to them building a new website at the time. Everything worked out and my can showed up like a week after they started shipping, so all is well there.

That was my thought process, the pros outdid the price point and holding it in your hand you can tell the quality of it (and the lightness!) Hope that helps. I'll try and get a sound video in the next couple days with a couple braaps as requested.

Last edited:
B
Nov 25, 2016
Sure. I am a new customer, so just know that I don't have previous experience with their cans, but went with the Diamond S quiet for:

+ Their reputation, I haven't bought from them before, but a person that I trust on these matters says they are quality builds.
+ I'm a fan of titanium, it's strength to weight is unmatched, and it looks cool as hell after it's been heated! And you save 13 lbs (and apparently gain 3.5 HP)
+ It is not obnoxiously loud and the sound is great, as Chadly mentioned, it definitely has a throatier pitch to the sound

Conversely:
- They are definitely expensive, Titanium is expensive and is tricky (and potentially dangerous) to weld. If there is a more expensive can on the market, I haven't seen it.

There was a slight hiccup on my order as well, but that was due to them building a new website at the time. Everything worked out and my can showed up like a week after they started shipping, so all is well there.

That was my thought process, the pros outdid the price point and holding it in your hand you can tell the quality of it (and the lightness!) Hope that helps. I'll try and get a sound video in the next couple days with a couple braaps as requested.
Thank you... was looking for an unbiased opening rather than something from the OEM. This can appears to be the best bet while still keeping the sound level down. My last set up was loud enough to drive you mad by the end of the day!
I ride the snowys so iam counting the days till my first launch on the 850!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I agree with everything KevO said. I've only run SLP and made the jump over to Diamond S. Haven't had a chance to ride either of my sleds but the can looks to be worth the money. The only very minor mistake they made on mine was they didn't drill out one of the probe holes. No biggie took me less than a minute to center punch it and drill it out. The number one thing I look for is quiet and this can doesn't seem any louder than my stock suit cases when running in the shop.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
First ride with the 850 and the diamond S quiet ti can! Ran awesome and i love the sound. It's distinct, not to loud, but has nice bark when you crack the throttle. Thank you Racinstation for quick ship on the can and great customer service!

Xgraphite

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Idaho
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/htoM26cQcCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This was on my 850, with a Diamond S can. I like the can it's not annoyingly loud like some others.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
This was on my 850, with a Diamond S can. I like the can it's not annoyingly loud like some others.

would you be able to measure how much room you have between the back of the can to the front of the foot-well? i want to see if my water bottle will fit on the G4 like it did on my XM

Premium Features