• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mammut Pulse Avalanche Package Deal

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Deal is gone.....they upped the price to $494.95 now. :(

Hope quite a few jumped on this while it was available.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Deal is still good, I just got 10 combo's that I ordered on Monday 12/10. I paid $378 delivered to my door. Ask for Jason and tell him you want the e-mail promo deal on this combo. This is a great beacon. Be safe. EW

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
I just called them, and there are 3 Jason's there. I didn't know which one to ask for. At any rate, the guy I dealt with did talk with his supervisors, who in turn said NO, they would not sell for that price. The best deal they could/would give me was $420.71.

zacs

Lifetime Membership
We ran a scenario in one of our avalanche classes last weekend. 7 buried targets. I stood at the top with the Barryvox Pulse and followed the indicators to the 1st target, got within a few meters and 'marked' it, it sent me to the obvious #2, and #3 (which I marked) and then I tried to force it to where i knew that #4 was but it was headed me back up the area to where i had started. There i found # 5 & #6. Then it returned me to #4.

Of course, it makes total sense now....from my start position it had already 'numbered' all the beacons within its search range and although i was physically closer to #4 after having searched for #3....this isn't the order that the Pulse beacon had tagged them at the beginning of the scenario. M**** of the story. Follow the info from the beacon. Find them one at a time. Leave someone digging out the target that you have pin-pointed with a probe. Mark it and move on. Trust the technology....it seemed to have worked.

We need to work a little more with the Pulse before i am fully convinced that a novice user won't get lost in the functions. I have toggled through multiple beacons and i am not really sure if that was helpful or confusing. I purposely haven't read the instruction manual....as i know that very few of our students actually read the manuals and i want to experience all new beacons from this vantage point first. Hopefully I'll get another chance to play on the rest of our courses this weekend. Maybe I'll post how it goes...

In any case, great prices on the beacon. Thanks for posting stuff like this. It is always great to get a variety of equipment out into the field. Each beacon has great features. No one beacon is perfect with the mix of ease of use, reliability, warranty, cost, features, ease of multiple search, deep burials.... But if everyone knows how to use their beacon and there is a variety in the riding group....it leads to a great selection of tools for any situation.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Great Post, thanks a lot. Also looking forward to some hands on this weekend as well. I'm a newby thats going to read the manual just to throw your readings off. lol.

Catwoman, do you want some beacon/combo sets at the $378 price if I can get them? Must be my handsome smile or charming demeanor.......Have a good weekend, big snow for NE Washington, WooHoo. EW

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Excellent post zacs! :)

EricW, that's tempting just to be able to get a full package to others at a good price. I sucked it up and bought our 2nd set at this other price. I should have just ordered 2 in the first place, but you know, sometimes you have to wait for payday. :eek:

I'm also looking forward to doing some testing. We have 3 Orotovox F1's (one is my son's, and since he just got back into sledding it'll go back to him), a Tracker, then will have two of the Pulse's. One of our riding buds has a Pieps......so I'm very much looking forward to doing some comparisons (plus be able to practice more with multiple burials).

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
if a deal like that comes up again. and anyone wants to pm me it would be great. im alway a day late. I think this year i will open present on the 24th so i dont miss any thing. Merry Xmas everyone. Let me know if you guys find any deals
later
giddyup

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Eric,
Sent you a PM too, I would be in if you can still swing the deal!

Premium Features