• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone else hit a rock with there new 08 IQ?

S
Nov 28, 2007
Utah
Well, on monday i was out riding and happened to come across a rock. I was riding a wheelie up a hill and right as i set the nose down a rock that came to a sharp point punctured right below my clutches bending the tab that comes out my steering hoop extremely bad and crippling my running board. i dont think it bent the tunnel or the bulk head and it looks like it will be easily fixed. but i was just wanting to know if i am the only one!

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
sure have

hit a few rocks with her, and a couple of stumps on monday night, only damage was a slight dent in an a-arm, my response to my buddy, " owell if it breaks it will give me an excuse to buy some light weight ones:D" Slow down man speed and no snow equals big repair bills!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I just replaced my steering hoop on my '07 Dragon RMK. It was a bit of work. Several rivets and had to pull everything from the seat, tank to the secondary.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Utah
I just replaced my steering hoop on my '07 Dragon RMK. It was a bit of work. Several rivets and had to pull everything from the seat, tank to the secondary.

yeah i have discovered that the hoop is a huge part of the chassis. it was alot of work to get it out. but the worse news is that the 08 hoops are on back order till february so i ordered both an 07 hoop. i hope its not any different. does anyone know if its different for sure? they have different pt#s

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
yeah i have discovered that the hoop is a huge part of the chassis. it was alot of work to get it out. but the worse news is that the 08 hoops are on back order till february so i ordered both an 07 hoop. i hope its not any different. does anyone know if its different for sure? they have different pt#s

Looks like there is a difference. The '08 does not have the same hood bumper piece. Look here: http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp

S
Nov 28, 2007
Utah
thank you for the info. do you think this could make enough of a difference that i cant get a few rides out of it until i get an 08 hoop in? i think i can fab a hood stop on to make it work.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
This has probably changed because of the seat/tank difference between 2007 and 2008. The rest of the hoop looks similar, but I guess you won't know until you try it. You might have to cut the piece off on the 2007 verion that connects to the top of the tank. It is just a bumper and doesn't actually mount to anything.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
The steering hoop for the 07 and 08 have the same part number
1014605-067

im also pizzed about this back order things, luckily i found someone with an 07 chassis laying around and bought the hoop off them...

T
Dec 2, 2007
Kent, WA USA
Might want to have them do a VIN# check for the part # I bent an A-arm real bad and found out that they have an early production which is the same as the 07 and a late which is a different part altogether.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Utah
The steering hoop for the 07 and 08 have the same part number
1014605-067

im also pizzed about this back order things, luckily i found someone with an 07 chassis laying around and bought the hoop off them...

did the 07 hoop work for you then? i really wanna get my dragon back together by the weekend because its snowing in the mountains right now!

and on that A arm was it a big deal to replace because im going to replace my upper and lower left a arms

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
did the 07 hoop work for you then? i really wanna get my dragon back together by the weekend because its snowing in the mountains right now!

and on that A arm was it a big deal to replace because im going to replace my upper and lower left a arms

my sled is supposed to be done either tonight or tomorrow if the steering post comes in today... so yea the hoop worked (according to the dealer)
3 feet of new forecasted today and tomorrow so it better freaking work...

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
my sled is supposed to be done either tonight or tomorrow if the steering post comes in today... so yea the hoop worked (according to the dealer)
3 feet of new forecasted today and tomorrow so it better freaking work...

:mad: dealer called and said they had to do some cutting and welding to get the 07 hoop to work... wtf?!?!? sled is not ready for tomorrow and we have 20" of fresh pow to tear up...
guess even they arent the same part...

S
Nov 28, 2007
Utah
well guys i got my dragon back together on saturday and went riding all day sunday! the steering hoops are different the tank stops are in different places. i had a very accomplished welder put the stops on and made it so it would work. the only problem im having now is i am down a few hundred rpm. i think my track is slightly tight and a little off. so i will get my clutching set up now and hope everything comes back up. but i must say the snow up on fairview in utah is awesome right now. some of the best quality of snow i have ever ridden!

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
well guys i got my dragon back together on saturday and went riding all day sunday! the steering hoops are different the tank stops are in different places. i had a very accomplished welder put the stops on and made it so it would work. the only problem im having now is i am down a few hundred rpm. i think my track is slightly tight and a little off. so i will get my clutching set up now and hope everything comes back up. but i must say the snow up on fairview in utah is awesome right now. some of the best quality of snow i have ever ridden!

man were in the same boat with the 08 hoops back ordered...

how much snow is up fairview? maybe i should try down there this weekend...

ya kinda but i ran over a rev last winter we where in velmount sledding and my buddies rev got stuck up a hill and i was climbing above him and circling around him but after a few climbs i had big trench and somehow i got sidways and came done toward him and pind it but not enough and bounce off his hood and knocked his sled loose and then my sled flipped down the hill and got stuck backwards up hill then his sled came down and ran right into my sled not much happenned but side panel and front belly pan and the rev had a broken front bumper but was still able to ride the next day

S
Nov 28, 2007
Utah
fairview snow

Phatty,

the snow up fairview was really good. there was at least 3-4 feet. most places 4 feet. it has probably settled out a little but i bet its still way good. i am planing on going up there this weekend again. i'm going to change my weights in my clutch and put on a slp can and see how it goes.

Premium Features