• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1st Ride on the Nytro in Deep Powder

Z

zsnowshredder

Nov 30, 2007
Mancos, CO
Had a new dumping of 3-4 feet of fresh last weekend at the http://www.wyattwestranch.com and got to try out my new Nytro.

Handling- The sled feels very light, by far the best handling sled I have ridin. It is easier to flick aroud than my 04 & 05 Rev's. It also seems to hold a line better than the Doo's and It just takes less effort to ride. I let some other guys take it for a spin and their responce was "Wow, that thing is so easy to throw around"

Power- The power seems about the same as my 800 Rev, but this thing has way more torqe. It just keeps pulling and pulling like a tractor. In the deep powder I was very surprised because I expected the weight to be a detriment to the sled, but it just motors right through the deep stuff without any issues.

Fuel Mileage- I put on about 50 miles and burned through 70% of a tank. My buddy on his stock Viper used about 70% of his fuel (but he has a 10 gallon tank I think) So I guess about 10 mpg, but when your plowing through 3-4 feet of snow, your not going to get the best milage. I assume this will improve once the sled breaks in.

Maverick Track- I have read some people complain that this thing trenches pretty bad and I would somewhat agree, BUT if you feather the throttle a little it seems to pop up on top of the snow. I guess becuase the track is so soft that it is folding over at wide open throttle. I would like to hear from others that have treid this and see if you agree.

Running Boards- Totally filled with snow, just ordered the f.bombracing ones, should have them in a week or so. Should make a big difference.

Here's some video from the ride
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jue_yD6X2l4

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Centennial CO
Looking pretty good... What elevation where you at?? I see your link show's the resort is at 8100 feet.. I hear a lot of good reports but they all seem to coming from riders at lower elevations.. I may pick one of those up sooner than later... :eek:

T

Tookes

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage
zsnowshredder, I agree with your review, my review was almost the same words. I have the camo track on mine and you will notice even more torque when you hook up. Enjoy!

Z

zsnowshredder

Nov 30, 2007
Mancos, CO
Sorry, I should be more clear.

8100 feet elev at the ranch----------6-8 inches

10,000 feet elev (where video was shot)----15- 24 inches

12,000 feet elev where we went--------36-48 inches

I think the highest elevation I've seen on my alt is about 12,700. The peaks you see on my website are about (Heserus peak) 13,232 feet.

The higher you go the deeper the snow. :)

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
Had a new dumping of 3-4 feet of fresh last weekend at the http://www.wyattwestranch.com and got to try out my new Nytro.

Handling- The sled feels very light, by far the best handling sled I have ridin. It is easier to flick aroud than my 04 & 05 Rev's. It also seems to hold a line better than the Doo's and It just takes less effort to ride. I let some other guys take it for a spin and their responce was "Wow, that thing is so easy to throw around"

Power- The power seems about the same as my 800 Rev, but this thing has way more torqe. It just keeps pulling and pulling like a tractor. In the deep powder I was very surprised because I expected the weight to be a detriment to the sled, but it just motors right through the deep stuff without any issues.

Fuel Mileage- I put on about 50 miles and burned through 70% of a tank. My buddy on his stock Viper used about 70% of his fuel (but he has a 10 gallon tank I think) So I guess about 10 mpg, but when your plowing through 3-4 feet of snow, your not going to get the best milage. I assume this will improve once the sled breaks in.

Maverick Track- I have read some people complain that this thing trenches pretty bad and I would somewhat agree, BUT if you feather the throttle a little it seems to pop up on top of the snow. I guess becuase the track is so soft that it is folding over at wide open throttle. I would like to hear from others that have treid this and see if you agree.

Running Boards- Totally filled with snow, just ordered the f.bombracing ones, should have them in a week or so. Should make a big difference.

Here's some video from the ride
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jue_yD6X2l4

I can't WAIT to ride mine!!

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
No snow in Alaska?

Not enough to ride in without doing some damage. It was in the low 40's yesterday.....sad, so sad. :(

There is snow in the mountains, but I'm not that extreme. Don't want to beat my sled up to get to it. Also a local pass just opened and I don't want to ride with ALL of Anchorage being there. Those temps increase the avalanche risks too...

Sooooo, I'm patiently waiting.......

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
i got the first ride on mine today too....man its easy to toss around. The suspension is soft, but other than that it was a BLAST to ride. Like it was mentioned you can just tractor through the snow at half throttle all day long.

I cant wait to get it on the snow again!

Premium Features