• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

G4 skid plates

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i have not seen much out there other than the Doo "full skid plate" that looks like it holds 50 pounds of snow and ice. anything else out there? or just run without one?

S

skidooski

Feb 16, 2009
Leadville/Denver
I was wondering if anyone has a picture of a skid that was cut to provide some protection but limit the snow build up. I can live with an a-arm hit but would like some protection from early season stumps and rocks from module/bulkhead damage

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Personally I don't think it's going to hold that much snow.

It looks like it could be cut down slightly if you wanted to go that direction.

aae9ece9723ffef0641922da58f0b7f1.jpg

05ee26c76c69849f7222c7f372a9367a.jpg

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Thanks for posting the pictures of the skid-plate and underside , it also shows that there is no protection on the draped section of the frame where the drive axle is , last generation sleds had a frame protector there.
Would have been nice to have the skid plate cover that as well.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for posting the pictures of the skid-plate and underside , it also shows that there is no protection on the draped section of the frame where the drive axle is , last generation sleds had a frame protector there.

Would have been nice to have the skid plate cover that as well.

I think you need to look closer... looks like it covers both the chaincase side and the exhaust side to me? It's hard to see but you can just make out a screw just forward of the case bump that is not there on the first pic. The doo skid plate spans the entire width of the sled behind the a-arms.

Whoops, I guess it doesn't extend back to the chaincase. Honestly not sure how they could incorporate that and still have decent access to the case with how they are building those now...

Last edited:
Premium Features