• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can research for Gen4 Summit

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Has anybody done any research on exhaust cans? There are at least five manufacturers that I know of say they will have a can for the Gen4. I would like a reasonably priced one that shaves weight and is not too loud.

The stock can has to go!

558c6ab9caa8dd54588591ac5695bdf8.jpg

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
The only Can that totally delivered in light weight and quiet and quality was diamond S after many attempts with different manufacturers I found mediocre quality and always too loud with a fair amount of running issues , some minor some real poor. I would not wast my money on anything else
I wait for a Diamond S quiet Can spend the money once and be done.

Briscoe

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2011
Blackfoot ID
I ordered the Diamond S as well, it is under 4 pounds and the stock can I believe is 16. I talked to the guy who builds them at the show in Salt Lake and he claims you will have to turn your clickers down a number. It is titanium and nice looking.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If I wasn't planning on installing Turbos on my new 850's, I WOULD install the DIAMOND S as well. Had a chance to handle the goods on Saturday at the Snowshow in Salt Lake City and they looked like one sweet product.

http://diamond-smfg.com/

http://diamond-smfg.com/product/ski-doo-850-g4-quiet/

oo 850 G4 Ti Quiet
Ski-Doo 850 G4 Ti Quiet

$579.00

NOTICE: this is a pre-order. Cans will not be produced until we have a production sled. Shipments will begin shortly after that in the order they were received.

Ski-Doo 850 G4 Ti Quiet

Diamond S Ti Quiet lightweight silencer weighs a mere 3.6 pounds and provides a power increase of ??(will be updated when we have production sled) HP making it the most cost effective weight saving modification for your sled. The Ti Q lightweight silencer does not require fuel changes or modifications, simply bolt on and go. The Ti Q has a noise canceling baffled design which eliminates the need for packing, making it one of the quietest if not the quietest aftermarket silencer. Our lightweight silencer will pass the SAE J-2567 stationary sound test (stationary snowmobile noise emission may not exceed 88 decibels). Unlike steel the Ti Q lightweight silencer is highly resistant to rust and decay providing a longer product life.Compared to steel, titanium has a high strength to weight ratio, making it possible to build an extremely strong exhaust system while at the same time providing a very substantial weight savings over stock and other aftermarket exhausts. The Ti Q titanium silencer provides an overall weight savings of ??(will be updated when we have production sled) pounds. The Ti Q has a new stamped end cap design that greatly improves the strength of the silencer and the overall look of it. Every Ti Q has our logo etched onto the silencer so it will never burn off and stay visible even when the silencer changes colors.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/303eD1hjncE" allowfullscreen="" width="853" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Thanks guys!

That Diamond S Titanium Can is a thing of beauty but I am looking for something a little more economical.

These are the prices I have found on the 2016 Etec so I am assuming the 17 pricing will be close.

Diamond S $579.00 USD

SLP $269.00 USD

Bikeman $260.00 USD

Jaws $339.00 USD

GGB $269.00 CAD

MBRP $260.00 CAD

Carbon Sled $400.00 USD

Any opinions on any of these brands? I have always been using MBRP which I found good.

As Canadians, we currently pay a 1.35 exchange, plus 12 percent tax when we import. (Not including shipping) so as an example, the $579.00 exhaust is over $900.00 by the time I land it. If it was three years ago and the dollar was par, then I may have considered it.

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
SLP is gonna be your best bet for quiet quality I think. They have a very good reputation.

I am sure HPS will make one as well, they also have a very good reputation. Their cans are genarally near the middle of the spectrum noise wise and will probably run $370.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I've always had great luck with MBRP and have had them on many of my sleds. Am considering one for my 850 Summit, but may go with a hairdryer instead.

S

skidooski

Feb 16, 2009
Leadville/Denver
From some reliable sources there are going to a sub 3K kit on the market with an ECU reflash so I think I will wait spend a little extra but have 190HP at 10,000 feet

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
HPS is one of FEW who have a flow bench, dyno, lives at elevation...
HAVE never let SHR down since 2001...

Did I mention we are the new midwest dealer for MPI 850 turbo kits??-BJ

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Thanks guys!

That Diamond S Titanium Can is a thing of beauty but I am looking for something a little more economical.

These are the prices I have found on the 2016 Etec so I am assuming the 17 pricing will be close.

Diamond S $579.00 USD

SLP $269.00 USD

Bikeman $260.00 USD

Jaws $339.00 USD

GGB $269.00 CAD

MBRP $260.00 CAD

Carbon Sled $400.00 USD

Any opinions on any of these brands? I have always been using MBRP which I found good.

As Canadians, we currently pay a 1.35 exchange, plus 12 percent tax when we import. (Not including shipping) so as an example, the $579.00 exhaust is over $900.00 by the time I land it. If it was three years ago and the dollar was par, then I may have considered it.

Looks like you're in BC hit up top secret shop, they will take care of you.

T

Toothguy

May 10, 2012
Thanks guys!

Diamond S $579.00 USD

SLP $269.00 USD

Bikeman $260.00 USD

Jaws $339.00 USD

GGB $269.00 CAD

MBRP $260.00 CAD

Carbon Sled $400.00 USD

Being from Ontario I hear what your saying about the exchange... Regardless I have had great luck with GGB, never had code issues, they sound good and are made in Canada. Now that being said at Hay Days this year other than the Factory Doo display the only other companies with Summit G4's on display were SLP and Trygstad. Was it co-incidence that SLP had a sled or is there more too it. I dunno but I'm gonna try an SLP this year and see....Just my 0.02.

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Thanks guys!

Diamond S $579.00 USD

SLP $269.00 USD

Bikeman $260.00 USD

Jaws $339.00 USD

GGB $269.00 CAD

MBRP $260.00 CAD

Carbon Sled $400.00 USD

I'd have to agree with you. For the first time in a number of years I'm getting conscious of where my parts are coming from because of the poor exchange.

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
I was planning on going with the Diamond S can even though its roughly twice the price of most of the competition. now, I am up in the air after looking a bit closer at the g4, looks like its going to be tough to fit a cooker on that sled. a solution would be the thing can with the built in cooker which works great, but I think its too loud......what to do????

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
I spoke to MBRP and their cans will not be ready to ship until mid December

I spoke to GGB and their mountain cans for the G4 are being shipped today for dealers and will be posted on their website in the next few days. Retail is $269.00 Canadian which works out to be about $200 USF.

Anybody have any experience with the GGB can?

From their website they say they are loud which is NOT what I want. One guys review said "loudest on the mountain"

GGB Mountain mufflers are designed to be used in areas where increased sound levels are not an issue. These cans are loud when you open the throttle. Please use accordingly. Sound level increase over stock (dbA) Idle + 4-6 / Under load + 10-18.

Fuel and clutching mods are not necessary prior to installation. GGB two stroke mufflers are flow benched developed for back pressure against the stock muffler and will perform efficiently in any application where the stock muffler would be used. Both Mountain and Trail models are guaranteed to provide performance levels as good as or better than stock.
REVIEWS

Grade
Brad Johnson
01/01/2016
Awesome upgrade.

I am seriously impressed with my GGB mountain can, if you ride backcountry and lots of deep snow it's the way to go forsure. Great throttle response and absolutely no snow plug up issues like stock mufflers and to top it off you're sled will sound insanely awesome.

Grade
Brandon Melenka
12/27/2014
Best exhuast I have every had

Got a ggb exhuast extream mountain can from you guys and it's the best kinda can out there so far put a crank shop pipe with a ggb can on my new 800r etec summit and its an awesome combo. I would recommend this product to anyone that wants to be the loudest on the mtn. Follow me on Instagram @melenka418

2 out of 3 people found this review useful.
Grade
MtnMaster
08/29/2014
Very Pleased

Very pleased with my Mtn can for my '14 XM 163. Has a nice crisp sound while at an idle or cruising. But, an aggressive bark when wide open. Sled runs flawless with it on, and doesn't throw any codes like some other cans are doing. Would highly reccomend this can to anyone who rides away from any house or towns, as it is quite loud. Fit and finish is top notch, and overall a great product!

4 out of 5 people found this review useful.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Being from Ontario I hear what your saying about the exchange... Regardless I have had great luck with GGB, never had code issues, they sound good and are made in Canada. Now that being said at Hay Days this year other than the Factory Doo display the only other companies with Summit G4's on display were SLP and Trygstad. Was it co-incidence that SLP had a sled or is there more too it. I dunno but I'm gonna try an SLP this year and see....Just my 0.02.

SledHead Racing had the only proto-type HPS can for the Gen 4 at HayDays on display.

HPS is flow bench tested and dynoe'd as well as DynoPort.

Premium Features