• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

H2O Probe Location 08M1000

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
water temp gauge

Assuming you are installing a water temp gauge?

I put on a little digital gauge I bought from Bikeman, I'm interested in monitoring coolant coming back off my heat exchangers so I know when to drop the scratchers. I don't care about the actual temp, just the sudden rise when snow's crappy, I zip tied my sending unit to the hose returning coolant rite above the disc brake (M8), wrapped it in a couple layers of foil tape. Runs 78-80 degrees normal pulling hard in cold snow. Hit the snowpacked road to the truck will go up to 90, drop a scratcher back to 78, second scratcher 73 easy downhill snowpacked road @50mph.

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
Assuming you are installing a water temp gauge?

I put on a little digital gauge I bought from Bikeman, I'm interested in monitoring coolant coming back off my heat exchangers so I know when to drop the scratchers. I don't care about the actual temp, just the sudden rise when snow's crappy, I zip tied my sending unit to the hose returning coolant rite above the disc brake (M8), wrapped it in a couple layers of foil tape. Runs 78-80 degrees normal pulling hard in cold snow. Hit the snowpacked road to the truck will go up to 90, drop a scratcher back to 78, second scratcher 73 easy downhill snowpacked road @50mph.

I think I will do the same, but I think I will actually tap into the line with a piece of aluminum tube and tap in the fitting.

Premium Features