• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 motor/sled FS in CO, what's the motor worth?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
anybody interested in an M8 motor in CO? I think we're totalling our M8, we cracked the bulkhead where the steering post hits it and some other damage, so we're thinking it'll be a total. Just looking to see what I could get out of it if I bought it back.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Erik, I'll shoot a pm once I get the answer from the insurance co.

btw, been dropping the 1000 a bit, the re-valve works well, big difference.

I'll be up your way soon with $$, thanks.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
hood was already busted up, but the wife likes how it looks. I guess that's easier than the wife that likes all the shiny ****.

Nobody is interested in the motor?

I'm suprised. I'm just trying to figure out what it's worth giving them when they offer a buyback. there are some parts I'd like to scavenge if I part it out, but not sure on what the motor would be worth if I kept the other parts.

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
does all the elec and clutchs come with if so it would be worth 2500 to 3000 to me.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Kaleb: Sorry to hear the news............great one day and trashed the next huh? Give me a call, let me know your riding plans...........if any.

Q

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Not trashed, we found a crack in front of the steering post from where CO 2.0 rolled it on the hard snow a few weks ago. It's plenty rideable, but for the ins. company to fix this would be outrageous, so it's a total! we had new bars, but we took them back off before the insurance adj. got there.

Buyback was outrageous though, so if I can get close to 4900 for it I'll buy it back, if not, away it goes!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
pics

IMG_8385.jpg

IMG_8379.jpg

IMG_8382.jpg

IMG_8386.jpg

IMG_8387.jpg

IMG_8388.jpg

IMG_8390.jpg

IMG_8392.jpg

odo is not actual, based on my sled (and I ride more than her) she has between 1400 and 1650 on the sled. I just took that pic to show it's running.

Total needs: bezels (I stole them for an intake last year, this was a spare hood for us), bushings (a-arms are good) metal fixed, it will come with the new bars, so no issues there, post is fine, the footwell edges (tunnel rolls?) are cracked, they could use to be repaired but that had nothing to do with the accident we have 08 edges & cutler eliminators at the shop that could go with it for retail cost (we just bought them), I have hood screens for the hood also, this was a spare hood, she wanted to keep her old hood that was on it. I have the plastic that is missing from this hood, it is an easy fix.

Other than that it's in great shape, no oddball issues, strong motor, reliable, no BS.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
mods now for sale in swapmeet.

boss seat 450
rkt head 300
sw ceramic can 210
cutler weights 75
fastlane no snows 100

I let the ins company take the sled after I found out that my mods were'nt covered despite the letter I recieved this summer exactly to the contrary. (of course I threw it away like a dumass)

Premium Features