• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Challenger Lite vs. Polaris Series IV

SpeedWobble

Premium Member
Jul 11, 2001
North Central Washington
I currently ride an '07 Summit X with the Challenger Lite 159"x16" track. I have access to a Polaris Series IV 159"x15" track at a really good price. I would love to try a different track on my Summit, but don't want to spend
$700.00 + dollars to get a standard Challenger.

OK - I need opinions on whether I should consider the Polaris track for my Ski-Doo.

Thanks

SpeedWobble

S
Nov 27, 2007
Comming from an XRS Rider... Now on an XP... Bur the challenger lite track, even if you don't replace it with anything that sled will still run better. Seriously though, if you don't go with the Polaris track, find a powdermax, either track will make the sled float 10 times better than that challenger lite.

Smitty

S
Nov 26, 2007
Spicer, MN
I really have no knowledge of the polaris track but I don't really forsee a gain by sitching to anything other than a powdermax. I put a challenger lite on my 05 summit 800 last winter and I personally had no problem with it. I did not get a chance to ride it in dry powder though. The thing is I think you are going to lose any gains of going to the polaris track simply because you are losing a lot of flotation by going to the 15 wide from a 16 wide. Personnally, I wouldn't change it unless it was to a powdermax...

D

deadcat

Nov 27, 2007
Castle Rock CO
Anyone have pics of track mods that worked?

I have a challenger lite and do not hate it. Not willing to drop the $$ on a new track. I would like to trench a bit less when fluffy.

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
I currently ride an '07 Summit X with the Challenger Lite 159"x16" track. I have access to a Polaris Series IV 159"x15" track at a really good price. I would love to try a different track on my Summit, but don't want to spend
$700.00 + dollars to get a standard Challenger.

OK - I need opinions on whether I should consider the Polaris track for my Ski-Doo.

Thanks

SpeedWobble

i ran a series 4 on my 04 rev and its a real good track, i dont think you'll gain anything by changing it out from the lite..stick with the lite and mod the track of go powdermax..jmo..our 3-06 159's would kill the 05 with the series 4

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
Maverick

I had an 07 XRS. First thing I did was to put the 162 maverick track on it. WOW what a great track. Very fast over the powder & on the rode. Doesn't trench. Really good in powder. A perfect upgrade for the Summit. It is 16 wide, so you don't give up any floatation.

Premium Features