• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro & KMOD first 61 miles....

T

Tookes

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage
Here’s my review of the first 61 miles……….. Mostest (sp?) :) fun sled I've ever ridden! Everything about the engine is impressive; throttle response is spot on and THE TORQUE IS AWESOME!! (especially for its CC class). The Torque Monster (per SnowTech) is a great name for it and not only in the low end but whenever you want or need it, it pulls hard without hesitation. The snow is still pretty crappy where we went, but we did find some deeper soft pockets and the sled handles like a dream in the powder, very responsive to even the most subtle of moves and it just flat out holds the line when side hilling. We found about a 400 foot 50 degree hill to climb with 2 to 3 of powder loaded up at the bottom of the hill (mostly small alders & bush as a base). I didn't even have to get a moving start I just rode right up to the bottom of the hill and the sled walked up it. A couple times I when into the climb slow in the start to test how the sled would response when the engine is under a load (like when you are about to get stuck), I squeezed the throttle to 3/4 and it powered up the hill like it was nothing. This sled is only stock, I’m going to have to wear some Depends on the first turbo ride.
As far as the KMOD rear skid goes all I can say is INCREDIBLE in every way, it soaks up the bumps and is great when climbing it keeps the track in correct position. The stock front shocks are soft and will be trying the Floats this weekend and will be added the new riser which should make difference as well, the stock riser did hit my thigh a couple times. The stock skis have to go unless the powder is on the ground. I’m going to try the Slydog PH’s (black & red).

Also my GF and all the guys I rode with were very impressed with the power and handling of the Nytro and 2 of them are diehard 2 strokers AC guy.

This is my first Yamaha and I'm very pleased.

Pictures go here: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=48958

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
If you like it now, wait until its boosted. You will never go back to 2 smokes...

T

Tookes

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage
WC, what was you opinion on how the KMOD handles the power of the turbo, with keeping the front in down?

Premium Features