• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The thing I dont like bout the 4 strokers....

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I am liking what I am seeing in the new Nytro chassis but there is always the one thing keeping me back on a 4 stroke sled, the instant power or lack of... With clutching and tuning can you achieve the instant throttle response as a two stroke? I know theres a lot of pros and cons and maybe this is just something a guy has to get used to???? I know the sleds I have rode you better know a bit more in advance if you are going to get up to power unlike the two strokes that are more instant on snappy. Can this be done the 4 strokers?

T
Nov 27, 2007
Grande Prairie,AB
:) With out a doubt my Nytro has the most snap and bottom end grunt out of any sled I have ever rode.Even stock I was impressed,but know with a s/c installed,touch the throttle and it's an instant wheelie!!!!!Two strokes have there place,but for me four strokes are the future.And the future is here now!!!

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
If you ride one you would have never made this post, way more low end and mid range then a two smoker, along with throttle response.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Totally agree hyflyr^^^^^ my Nytro would be right with my M8 if not walk on it out of the hole. Love my 4stroke!!!!!!!

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
My Nytro is more snappy than my Vector but they both don't have that instant hit like a two-stroke. Thing is, I don't think they need it because the power is so broad and torquey.

G
Nov 28, 2007
Calgary, Ab
The only thing that I really hate about the 4-stroke is the amount of power they deliver and how hard it comes on!! It is murder on my gloves I keep wearing holes in them from having to hang on so hard!:D

That is (one) of the reasons I went 4-stroke. My last 2 strokes have been modded including Nos and none had the response my Nytro does. I test rode them last spring the day after coming back from CO and was sold. The response is instant, no powerband, and continues to pull. She'll stand on end willingly and the midrange is luscious.

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
I am liking what I am seeing in the new Nytro chassis but there is always the one thing keeping me back on a 4 stroke sled, the instant power or lack of... With clutching and tuning can you achieve the instant throttle response as a two stroke? I know theres a lot of pros and cons and maybe this is just something a guy has to get used to???? I know the sleds I have rode you better know a bit more in advance if you are going to get up to power unlike the two strokes that are more instant on snappy. Can this be done the 4 strokers?

Try riding one first. The Nytro has a stronger, way more responsive low end than even the 800 twins.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada

Even before I went turbo with my old RX1 tone it was light , 540 lb dry with a stock engine. It would take any stock 2 stroke by 1.5 to 2 sled-length right of the line and only the big mods could run it down. The response is mostly the (way out clutching) that also gives the redicules amount of engine braking.
With any of the new sleds your statement is simply wrong. In powder it may feel a bit like it and that is simply the weight factor,for them to perform at there best some weightloss is needed, come to think of it I am done with the sled probably should start on myselve now:D

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I have rode one..as matter fact more than one. I didnt call you boys out for a two vs four debate. There is a delay in the power coming on I would bet its about double a two stroke:rolleyes: At least the ones I rode (RX1's and a Apex) no turbo's.. the power comes on smooth and progressive. This could just be set up?? I like the snap of a hard clutched two stroke. Can you get same results with a good setup?

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
I haven't ridden a stock Apex or RX1, but my Nytro is stock, and I have ridden many 800R's and other big twins and there is no comparison.

SledKrazy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast Oregon
um WHAT?

Yesterday I had the opportunity to ride with three guys that have a variety of interests... 2 have the new dragons and one has the new XP rev ....

I rode all of them and have to say my stock 2007 Apex is bar none a far better power plant with snappier throttle and pull all the way through the power grid...

In fact we had the opportunity to run neck and neck several times and short of spinning a few times on launch due to the instant power to the ground I can achieve that they cannot.... I chewed them up from beginning to end period.

Funny part is... im still stock and they all have cans, reeds and other mods.

2 strokes? no thanks.

:eek:

M
Nov 26, 2007
Newfoundland
If the Apexs and Nytros can beat all 2 strokes then why do they race in much lower classes? Not tryung to bash, just trying to understand a little better. Ive ridden a friends Vector and his Attak and the power just doesnt seem the same as my underpowered M7. I call it boring power. Maybe its something you just need to get used to. My 4 stroke bike has boring power when compared to 2 strokes aswell.

R
Jan 4, 2004
Himark, I think your on the right track.. Its is just the way it is set up.. I have an 06 Apex.. Coming off an 04 KK I think it has alot more low end torque and throttle response.. But I had a 19 tooth gear in too and my settup was for the lowend get out of the hole and climb power..

So the answer is yes you can set it up for whatever you like.. I do believe the 4 stroke yamaha's have twice the torque the 2 strokes do??

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
You need to look at a dyno sheet from an 03 RX-1 ......let alone Apex or new Nytro.....to see where and the range of hp/torque is.
LMAO at your comment 'instant power' on a 2 stroke.

ya know come in here to have an intelligent conversation and than they let azzhats like you in! FYI, Biggest difference with 4s and 2s is the powerband. 4s generates fatter numbers thru the whole spread while the 2s has a steeper climb. Go get some dyno sheets and have someone read them to you.

Premium Features