• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m1000 rips but trenches bad

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Got my 08 m1000 and it rips but it trenches more than some of the sled I run with. Bye the way I run a 2.5 extreme that hooks up hard. Is that track causing the extreme trenching. I tightened the limitter one notch already any sugestions on set up. Thanks

O
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I've got the 2.5" extreme on my 06 King Cat, and in the bottomless powder it does trench more than the attack 20 or the challenger that comes stock on the cats. Everything is a trade-off. Wait until the snow bases up a little - you will love it.

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
I've got the 2.5" extreme on my 06 King Cat, and in the bottomless powder it does trench more than the attack 20 or the challenger that comes stock on the cats. Everything is a trade-off. Wait until the snow bases up a little - you will love it.

What he said plus the more miles you get on it the better. If it still bothers you too much, switch to a Timbersled Mountain Tamer or similar style rear suspension.

BB

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Don't get me wrong it is climbing well but is trenching alot more than the m8s that seem to stay on top of the snow alot better. If I can get this m1000 to float abit better than it will be unstopable well almost.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
not much adjustment on em.if you want to float in deep pow.i think the attack 20 is better at doing that.that big engine trenches more than a smaller sleds.i just ride mine wide open and it does fine:)

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
You shortened your straps? If you want it to trench less let those straps out as far as they will go! Sucking up the front of the skid puts the weight on the rear of the skid causeing trenching!! get eh weight moreon teh fron of the skid, that will help a ton!

Got my 08 m1000 and it rips but it trenches more than some of the sled I run with. Bye the way I run a 2.5 extreme that hooks up hard. Is that track causing the extreme trenching. I tightened the limitter one notch already any sugestions on set up. Thanks

Just find a different way out!!!!

I love da 2.5 Xtreme it really screws others in and around trees

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
i too like the challenger extream track better then the attack 20 and if you want better powder performance loosen your limiter straps and loosen your center shock spring tension.

Premium Features