• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problem with Rail Extensions

C
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Got a problem, I have a 121 stretched to a 144. w/Tracks USA extensions. Landed wrong on a hard spot and bowed my rails on both side in at the splice point of the rail extensions and rail.

Anyone had this problem before?

Can I put suspension support bars in to push the rails straight and ride it or should I replace rails and extnesions? I am low on cash and looking for a cheap and easy fix that will hold up to my riding?

looking for some advice

C
Nov 29, 2007
Butte MT
Your rails are trashed dude. Sorry. You can straighten them and run them for a while but they will bend again and continue to be weaker and weaker. You will find it hard to maintain track tension and will be ratcheting the track often which can damage your drivers.

Time for some new rails. I would buy 144" rails and mount your suspension to those and use some rail braces from someone like Holz Racing products if you like to jump. I'll double check to see if I have a set of take off 144" rails in my shop.

Premium Features