• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Startin Problem

G
Nov 30, 2007
I have an 07 m8 with can and timbersled intake... I started it up on sunday morning loaded it... ran fine... got to vail pass.. unloaded it and it wouldnt start! changed spark plugs... has spark. it isnt getting fuel ( spark plugs are completely dry when pulled out after tryin to start it!)

any ideas?

Gabe

ps: got it to start and idle once... as soon as I gave it throttle it died..

G
Nov 30, 2007
It has a new tank of fuel (91). gettin fuel to injectors still will not start. should I treat new fuel? never had a problem with this sled till now... I ant to ride asap... please help!

Gabe

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
It has a new tank of fuel (91). gettin fuel to injectors still will not start. should I treat new fuel? never had a problem with this sled till now... I ant to ride asap... please help!

Gabe

how cold is it out? you could still treat the fuel. just to make sure. cause you may have had ****ty fuel?

G
Nov 30, 2007
True true... It was about 2pm sunday on vail pass... not sure the temp... and I will treat it tonight... would that cause no fuel? when I pulled the spark plugs they didnt even smell like fuel... but I pulled the fuel line and it had pressure..

Gabe

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Possibility your injectors were not getting signal to open. ecu or bad wire connection. If it does'nt fire up once it is warmed up, so you know it isn't ice, take it into the dealer. It should be covered under warrenty. Of course as soon as you get to a dealer, it will start right up!

arcticman31

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Colorado
Had a friends M7 do that last week but just one cylinder wasnt getting fuel. Unplugged the injectors, swapped them side to side and for one reason or another the thing started up and ran. I think there was air trapped in the system somewhere. Worth a shot!

G
Nov 30, 2007
Ill give it a shot! Ill see tonight! and if anyone needs parts I work at HI POINT MOTORSPORTS in glenwood springs colorado! I can get you anything and match prices even internet pricing, the best I can! (970)945-6301

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
something maybe wrong with smartvalves in fuel tank? stuck shut or something? dont know.

had a m-1000 do the same it would run on one cylinder ended up pulling the injectors out and cleaning the micro screen on the inlet. reassembled ran like a dream. aspecially the pto side it is the end of the fuel system. the screws are lock tighted in may need to get needle nose vice grips to break loose once loose simple job, little carb cleaner and blow out with air. happy ridin

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
we have 2 m8s in our group and thay have this problem about 2 times each, 2 cures #1 take handle of screw diver and tap on the fuel rail #2 take 9 V battery and unplug the fuel pump spin it in revirse and then forward plug back in and try to start. ez fix and save you a trip.

G
Nov 30, 2007
how do I know if the smart valves are good or not? and i will try to clean the injectors and/or 9v thng tonight! I need to get out! thanks again for the help again!

G
Nov 30, 2007
last night i added fuel dryer... tapped on fuel rail... disconnected fuel line and drained a bit out... STILL NO START! Its getting fuel to rail and spark.. any other ideas? warrentee is voided and dont have the cash to take it to the dealer..

Gabe

S
Mar 17, 2002
sensor

just a thot but does a sensor think
it doesnt have the stock intake on
you gotta try the stock intake. for sure
and the stock can. all stock

Premium Features