• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride on the XP 163...thoughts and pics

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Finally got a chance to ride

I had no time to tune the TRA, and yes she only shifted out about ¾ of the way, 45MPHish track speed and 8300ish RPM……yes I know, remove the pin weight….no time yet.

The good:
-She climbs like a Billy goat on coke, must be the 163 track and weight loss
-Way easy to lift the tail when she’s stuck
-The forward foot wells feel much better for a tall guy, no more knee pain!!!
-The ski weight transfer is perfect for me, not too much, not to little
-The grips are perfect, hooks under the grips are the only way to go
-This sled is straight out the box and clutched with the mind of a retard (was the dealer? was it BRP?)…..who cares, ill fix it
-Four other guys in the group all took her for a spin up and hill and all had one word to say, “Damn!!”…..im telling you this sled is no joke, makes my 06 Summit seem like a turd, and I thought I would never say that, still cant believe it

The Bad:
-Feels harder to yank a side hill over the rev, if that is even possible
-My knees push the side panels in on a down hill descend, left the knee pads in the truck and I thought this would be a putt around BS ride…..wrong!
Yes the belt showed some cord twice (40miles), simply cut/burn with a lighter/poke it back in the belt/ and ride……simple TRA tuning should help, but its still a TRA, they all run smokin hot, oh well

Dec2-1.jpg

Dec2_3.jpg

Dec2_2.jpg

Dec2_4.jpg

V

Vertical Edge

Jul 5, 2001
Powell Wy
Rode my Buddies 163 Saturday and the difference can be noticed....the 154 is easier to throw around,thats why I went 154.The 163 didn't seem hard to ride,just not as easy as the 154's

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Good to hear ya like the new sled. BETTER to see that it finally snowed in Utah!! I'll need to hook up on a ride with you this year to see if I'm going to stay Doo or join the Poo crowd next year.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Glad to see your out riding buddy. Seems like you like the new sled, thats good, good luck with it this year. I wish i had some snow.... or a sled.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Looks like there was some pretty good snow up around were you went riding, I may have to get one of them XP's in a couple years when all you guys figure out what to do to make them run near perfect.:D

P
Nov 26, 2007
I had my XP out today for the first ride. 28 miles. Brundage. It was like riding on mashed potatoes. (idaho termanology) 41 degrees. The sled did O.K. The TRA took some work to get the RPMs down from 8500. Man who needs a muff pot when you have that clutch heating up. Just put a burrito in the tool holder and it should be warm in 10 mins. of riding.

What I didn't like was the rear spring seamed weak to me. I am not small but even on a setting #5 it still bottomed out.

The ride I felt was excellent. As for climbing, it is still up in the air. Climbing on the snow we had today was anything but powder. It even rained for a little while. So leaving it up in the air until we see some good powder. One thing I can admit right now...The new XP will NOT keep up with an Apex Turbo pulling 230 HP. Close though.

The worst thing about the new XP is the tool carrier on the belt cover. That sucks and will be relocated immediately.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Here I sit at the Captain Cook while I could've gone out riding, maybe this weekend. Whoe's gonna take me out? I'll go pay for my 600RMK this week. LOL, maybe I should get the 7 if they have a trade in, won't mind that either.

Premium Features