• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

want 2 go premix???

U
Nov 28, 2007
Alaska
im shure this was brought up lots before...but what are the pros/cons?what needs 2 b done 2 the case? .block off plate with greaszirk?what dose that do?o yea this is 4 a 1m 900 case with a speedwerx 1000 top end.thanks 4 all the help.

K
Dec 2, 2007
Drumheller, Alberta
I built my own blockoff plate out of a piece of alum., no graese zerk but probably wouldn't hurt. You loose 4lbs from sled and cleans up under the hood. With premix you now that it is the correct mix and not have to worry about oil pump failure, or uneven oil distribution. Ran it for 2 years like that on a 1150 cutler.

P
Dec 2, 2007
could i run premix and oil pump if so how much oil do you recommend putting in the gas? i want to do thios for sure on my fresh top end on my 02 mc 800 efi!!! i hope you can do this and it wont hurt it!

U
Nov 28, 2007
Alaska
I built my own blockoff plate out of a piece of alum., no graese zerk but probably wouldn't hurt. You loose 4lbs from sled and cleans up under the hood. With premix you now that it is the correct mix and not have to worry about oil pump failure, or uneven oil distribution. Ran it for 2 years like that on a 1150 cutler.

did you do anything 2 tha case i herd about drilling something out?

D

Double A

Nov 27, 2007
Central Washington
Pobuda, You should be able to run 50:1 in your tank and oil injection. Your plug life will be shortened so carry extras in case. More oil will make more compression/power and will also help the engine run a bit cooler. I am doing the same.

U
Nov 28, 2007
Alaska
Pobuda, You should be able to run 50:1 in your tank and oil injection. Your plug life will be shortened so carry extras in case. More oil will make more compression/power and will also help the engine run a bit cooler. I am doing the same.

r u messing with him. 2x the oil i can imagin the smoke everyone will think he is on fire:eek: i can see runing some 4 braking in moter:)

S

schu

Nov 26, 2007
Houston, AK
You need to lube the water pump/oil pump shaft or it will seize. The way you do this is to drill a hole next to the hole that oils the inside PTO bearing down into the cavity.

This will allow oil to drip down and lube where the water pump shaft gear mates with the crank.

If you have any other questions pm me and I'll try to explain.

schu

J
Nov 27, 2007
Here is a pic of the case mod. The top or upper hole is to be drilled at 7/32. The bottom hole is the factory crank bearing weep hole. A good selection of carbide burr bits is very helpful. NOTE! no matter how careful you are to not drop metal chips into the void which is the crank gear/water pump shaft area of the lower case, as the bit goes through, some will fall in. I suggest to pull the cross shaft, and clean very carefully all the chips that fall where they may down there. Also, dump an ounce or two of good synthetic oil into the cross shaft area so as to provide an oil bath.

DSC_1571.jpg DSC_1572.jpg

T
Dec 1, 2007
Mt. Pleasant UT
hey i run 40:1 on my polaris withe the same setup and it works great. 50:1 might get a little hot. Dont run injection to the carbs just the outside crank bearings.

Last edited:
S

schu

Nov 26, 2007
Houston, AK
hey i run 40:1 on my polaris withe the same setup and it works great. 50:1 might get a little hot. Dont run injection to the carbs just the outside crank bearings.

2x4, the arctic cat doesn't use the oil pump to inject oil directly on the bearings like a poo. Instead it injects oil into the pump and the oil in the fuel drips down holes in the top case half where it lubes the bearings. The only thing on a cat that the oil pump oil's directly is the water pump/oil pump shaft. Drilling the hole as shown in the pictures allows for this shaft to get oiled and your good to go.

schu

Premium Features