• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rev Throttle Cable Replacement *help?*

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
update:
do i need to remove the oil cable from under the carbs or can i do it at the adjuster?

any ideas?

I was loading my sled up into the trailer the other night, gettin ready to take off the next day, and the throttle cable breaks...
It broke/wore right at the flipper..I had noticed it wearing/fraying last year..so it was on its way out.

BUT, question is, to replace this, do I have to replace the cable all the way to the carbs, or can I open the junction box and replace it from there on up??

The whole cable (carbs to flipper) is ~$55..

Wondering if there is an easier way to do this by tearing open the junction box and just replacing the single cable?

Last edited:
N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
IMO the junction boxes are a PITA to open. I would just get a whole new cable instead of rigging something together. Throttle cables are like steering parts and brakes IMO, you don't want to monkey rig them together.

A buddy had a modded 700 AC motor in a lightweight Pol chassis a few years back, the throttle was acting up on him all day. Heading out on the trail end of day they stopped, his sled wouldn't start, held it wide open and pulled the cord, thought it was flooded, throttle stuck wide open and the sled came to life (thank god he was standing on the right side), ripped out of his hand and went off down the trail - no rider, wide open. Went off the logging road and hit a tree right between the skis so hard it bent the skid rails into an "S" shape all the way to the rear axle. They figured it was doing almost 90 mph when it hit. Still want to monkey with that cable?

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
well, Jaycox had the part for 43$...instead of the 55$ the other microfiche sites were asking. didn't even bother checking dealer, as they'd prob be 75$ +, IF it was available at all. =\

thanks Jaycox again!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Do you have your oil injection still?
Either way I'd get a cable from Gravity Worx.
I had problems with my cable this weekend too expect mine wouldn't go all they way back so it would be stuck on 1/4 throttle. Real fun going back to the truck.

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I think your going to have to disconnect the oiler from the pump, I don't think you can disconnect it from the adjuster.

Correct. The box's are glued shut and a pain to get open. DJ just swap that thing over to pre-mix then you dont have to worry about hooking it back up!! LOL

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Yep Pre-mix, come join the dark side.
And get the Doo mod cable from Gravity Worx;)
Or get the Cat mod cable and get the Powermadd Throttle Block then you can get rid of that stupid kill switch and get the 440 style.

K
Nov 30, 2007
Blanchard, ID
I pulled my cable off last year on my 05 Rev. I found it to be a pain in the tailpipe to unhook the oil cable at the carbs. I ended up taking tha cable off at the adjuster. That sucked to. I kind of twisted and damaged the cable while unhooking it. You may want to pull the pump and all. Good Luck.

Premium Features