• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The G4 revolutionized the industry. The ideal builders sled.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Since many just think I'm a basher and fail to hear my compliments I'm going to clear this up.

In 04 with the Rev chassis ski doo changed the industry, they just did it again and many haven't realized the full potential yet.

1 item above everything else, I've been thinking about this for years and I'm pumped it's come to production.

By moving the jack shaft over the engine allowing the engine to be centered is a huge factor. Before now it was the limiting factor of how a sled had to be built. What you could and couldn't do, or at least what I could or couldn't do. And I never had the time to do it myself, now I don't have too.

This one item opens the door to so many options! What we will see from individual fabricators is wide open as the limitations are no longer in place. It will be very easy to modify this sled in many ways to be a killer machine.
Well done on that.

Looking forward to coping one up and making it even better.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Agreed. Doo has made some of the biggest strides in the sled industry. If nothing else, they push the other builders to create better stuff.

MOUNTAINGOATXRS

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Turbo, Big Bore or Nos .... I don't think 300hp will be possible

DPG[/QUOTE

You dont think that bigbore (925's) turbos running race gas (with larger secondary injectors) will get there huh? I would agree with you but i dont see the sense in both of us being wrong. You are too good at it.
Cheers

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
They didn't move the engine back, they keep pushing the rider further and further forward. In a couple years they will have the steering post coming out of the front bumper.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
They didn't move the engine back, they keep pushing the rider further and further forward. In a couple years they will have the steering post coming out of the front bumper.

I'm pretty sure they moved it back a little bit. But like the op said, centering the engine is awesome! Makes it really easy to make the sled super narrow if you want to cut into it. I imagine we will see poo and cat follow with their own centered versions of sleds. It will be awesome to see what people do with these sleds.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
the XP/XM have the same jack shaft...

gen4 rotated motor under the jack shaft...

in a full boost/BB scenario this motor will break 300 hp...

granted not in "trail trim"...

yes the new yammy is just as impressive esp for us flatlanders, mountain guys still get a 650 lb sled:face-icon-small-con

for 95% of all guys the new RMK/Summits are more sled then you know what to doo with, thats a guud thing!!

now you 5%ers just give US a couple days and!!!!-BJ

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Brother John, the question remains will the 850 2 stroke be a time Bomb @ 300 horse ? .... We already know the Yammi @ 300 ponies is reliable.

Time Will Tell

DPG

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 871

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Brother John, the question remains will the 850 2 stroke be a time Bomb @ 300 horse ? .... We already know the Yammi @ 300 ponies is reliable.

Time Will Tell

DPG

Yup you gotta wonder eh!
I remember all to well how their first 800's were and then there is the absolute nightmare 1000!
Time will tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R
Feb 29, 2016

Time Will Tell

DPG

Unless you get a 16 with the weak rods Yammi snuck in on ya'all...LOL Seems like those are letting loose with well under 300hp

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
looking at this pic it appears the engine has been pulled back

I rode it this week and I sure didn't feel anymore rider forward than my t3, there's grates blocking your feet on the bottom from going a bit farther forward it seemed.

Premium Features