• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Summit

R
Oct 10, 2014
Was a long time skidoo rider until 2006, then jumped over to Cat for a few years. Came back on a Freeride last year, and now on a T3 Summit. I couldn't get comfortable on the T3 for some reason and Im sure its just me. Didn't have much seat time this year, but when did get to ride it, just felt like it was my first time on a snowmobile. I was convinced that I was going to check a Pro for 2017, but I just think this New Gen 4 is nasty looking. I think I might drop back to the 2.5 track as cant count on the snow depth anymore here. I think that was most of my problem this year. The t3 has so much traction and when riding it in crap snow, it just didn't feel right. But the more and more I look at this new Summit, the more and more I like it. Looks like the same ole reliability is coming with this? Seeing some demos up over 1000 miles already and not hearing any horror stories???

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Was a long time skidoo rider until 2006, then jumped over to Cat for a few years. Came back on a Freeride last year, and now on a T3 Summit. I couldn't get comfortable on the T3 for some reason and Im sure its just me. Didn't have much seat time this year, but when did get to ride it, just felt like it was my first time on a snowmobile. I was convinced that I was going to check a Pro for 2017, but I just think this New Gen 4 is nasty looking. I think I might drop back to the 2.5 track as cant count on the snow depth anymore here. I think that was most of my problem this year. The t3 has so much traction and when riding it in crap snow, it just didn't feel right. But the more and more I look at this new Summit, the more and more I like it. Looks like the same ole reliability is coming with this? Seeing some demos up over 1000 miles already and not hearing any horror stories???
Demos won't see a ton but my test sled has 9000km and runs the same as the one o broke in at baker on the weekend!

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Idk where you live and ride but since the xm ski doos are defiantly reliable, my friend in Sicamous has been putting on about 9,000 miles a year per sled since 2014 on them and then they needed a piston or two at that point. I think that's as much as you could expect from
A 2stroker in Our conditions...He rides every single day.. Definitely the t3s work out of the box as for how they work in junk snow idk people complain about them but I could care less about riding those conditions and I don't ride when it's not good but some people are newer to the sport or don't have other toys and they all think the Polaris works better in the junk snow.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
If you try to ride a doo like a cat it will eat your lunch.

There are some little changes that go a long way.
Gripper skis, shocks, post forward, and skid changes go a long ways and make it more consistant.

I bought all 3 last year and didn't really have an issue but all 3 needed some changes to work for my riding style.

What's your riding style?

Premium Features