• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Some pics from Cooke 12/1/07

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
Cooke was a blast as always. Good snow, 1-2 feet of fresh stuff in the trees and probally 10 inches of fresh every where else. Had a very diverse group with us this weekend, ( 2 revs, 1 XP, 1 900 MC, 1 M6, 1 M1000, 1 M8, 1 800Poo, and my dragon) Very big group so riding in the trees was interesting to say the least.

The XP ran very well, we geared it down to 19 on the top. And we didn't have belt problem like last weekend (67 miles blew the first belt). Overall the XP was a great performer. Held 8200-8300 all of the weekend, so no problems there.

This was the first ride on my Dragon with SLP's performance package, and it ran like sh!t. 7400 was about all she could pull in the snow. And on the trails around Cooke I could only hit 8000, from what SLP tells me this motor should run around 8250 so the dragon felt like a 550 fan this weekend. I did put a Mountain fit hood on the night before we left, and couldnt figure out a way to get his air box shelf to work with his hood. SOOO that could be the problem. Do you guys think that just leaving the top of the air box open would cause almost 850 RPM lost from last weekend??? It was very cold out and the hood is vented very well. I also put some side panel vents on so that would decrease under hood temps as well. Plugs looked fantastic so its not pig rich on top or anything. Any suggestions???

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Brandon1.1.jpg Brandon2.1.jpg Brandon3.3.jpg Justin2.1.jpg steve1.1.jpg steve2.2.jpg steve3.1.jpg

Last edited:
J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Sweet pics!! I felt like we had a lot of snow here in minnesota until I saw those!

How'd the XP do against the M1000??

C
Nov 26, 2007
Babbit I like seeing that M1000 ,Only cause I have one!! But Very interested in the Doo XP next year, unless cat does something great next year????????????? Stop in over NewYears and BS with us we have the place next to Miners

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
Babbit I like seeing that M1000 ,Only cause I have one!! But Very interested in the Doo XP next year, unless cat does something great next year????????????? Stop in over NewYears and BS with us we have the place next to Miners

I'll PM you the next time I come into town....which will probally be in a week...and the week after that...and most likely the week after that.lol

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Yup, that looks awsome! Cant wait to hop on my sled in a couple weeks. Even we have snow out here too, although not that much, but any snow is good snow.

Premium Features