• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

avid drivers in a nytro

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
I run my track fairly tight, maybe an inch of sag @ 10lbs. Had 3 sleds with avids, no noise tho. If your running a new maverick tighten the fug outta it, mine stretched a ton after 2 rides.

T

Tookes

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage
Darko, I've heard mixed comments on the stock drivers, I will have a turbo soon and being new to Yamaha & Turbos wanted to know your opinion on the whether to change them out for AVID? I run a camo track, btw.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Tookes, its a must for the avids, if you dont the stock drivers will look like this after 15 miles at 12lbs of boost with a banjo tight track.Notice, even the shaft slipped on the inside of the driver and rounded out the driver!
07riding045.jpg

Compared to....
07riding051.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2007
livingston MT
from what i have seen if you keep your track a little loose the stock drivers will work ok if your doin 12 pounds a boost..but if you keep it to lose or tight it will not turn out good

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
I had my shaft out for the track swap and had a set of avids...so after what I saw on my apex they were going on. My apex ones with 1500miles and no boost were gettin pretty ugly lookin. I'm sure these will quiet up after a few miles.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I had my shaft out for the track swap and had a set of avids...so after what I saw on my apex they were going on. My apex ones with 1500miles and no boost were gettin pretty ugly lookin. I'm sure these will quiet up after a few miles.

So I take it the answer to the track question is yes a 16" will fit in the Nytro?

M5

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
So I take it the answer to the track question is yes a 16" will fit in the Nytro?

M5

Yes, but the idler wheel brackets that are mounted on the tunnel have to be moved. The 16" track is too wide for the stock barckets.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Hi , i have a set of 7 tooth 3inch pich avid driver that came off of my apex after 1000km , look brand new , will sell for half cost , i but an extended chain case on and went to bigger drivers.
Gunner

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
The avids come with a Trued marking on them, one on each driver. Maybe those were out of alignment. Even when useing those markings, if you lay the drivers on a flat surface see if the driver rocks back and fourth slightly.

T

Tookes

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage
Ok HYFLYR, you no doubt made your point, looks like one of your dogs got a hold of them...:)

Ordering now....

Premium Features