• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Creme sicle vs axys.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I'd say the Doo is definitely strong, however, the Poo was a very close second. Should be interesting as I currently have an AXYS and am extremely happy with it. But I did just snowcheck a new Doo, so will be interesting how they compare next year.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
im a doo guy but really..who cares about drag racing a mtn sled? id rather watch the 2 sleds going through the trees and attempting lines.. the last sled id want to own is the new yammie its 204hp and will smoke a axys or g4 in a drag race..so what does that mean?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The new Ski-Doo is very impressive in the advances they have made, but the difference depicted in that video could simply be a difference in clutching if 2 like machines were to drag race. Also, as stated above, I don't think drag racing up the hill is what most of us do on a daily basis.

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
I had about the same result drag racing my 15 M8000 against a 16 AXYS. I pulled on him all the way up the hill. Pretty meaningless comparison.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Looks pretty even. Only real difference was early on. Thought 850 would pull away more at the top but it almost looked like it was losing ground to the Axys. May have just been camera angle. Looks like current big bore Doos are still safe from being ran down by any 850's. Can't wait to see how they go once the aftermarket engine guys and clutch gurus get their hands on them.

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
When the Axys first hit the snow last fall the posts on this forum where all about how the Axys beats the T3 up the hill and how the the Axys will climb
stuff the T3 cant even begin to make, so after having a winter to tune on the Axys they are now
being compared to the 850 that has not been in the hands of tuners, and the 850 looks to run well.
As for lining them up to race up a hill I think more do it than people realize, there has to be a base to tell if the clutching and gearing that most people change is either helping or hindering the power put to the ground.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
So the axys takes off first (lighter crank, and less drivetrain mass), then gets taken by the 850 in the mid range (more displacement, larger stroke) and they are the same up top. What's this supposed to show? Two great sleds? Cause that's what I saw. The new doo and the axys both have their place and both do certain things well. Doo has historically been better at straighter lines and putting down power. The poo has historically (since the pro days) been about doing technical lines and sidehilling in the insanely steep. That isn't to say an awesome rider can't do either with either sled.

Bottom Line: Pick what fits your riding style

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
That video looks pretty similar to what it felt like riding both of them. Axys felt just as quick as the G4, but the G4 just kept pulling and accelerating on the big end.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Slightly interesting. I would expect a sled with 50 cc more displacement to win a drag race other things being roughly equal. The new Ski Doo is not an 800. I don't imagine that it will be allowed to compete against 800 on the hill climb circuit either. I think it is going to be a great open class mountain sled.

Overthehood

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2016
Hey, I appreciate the video. Pretty close. One of the things I love about the Axys is the low end responsiveness, looks like the new Doo will rip. So a piped Axys set up properly would probably have taken that run. Not sure what the pipe will do on the Doo, probably quite a bit. Would love to ride one....test rides....anyone????
I've always liked the Doo motor but really didn't like many aspects of the handling but I'm open minded enough to try one again .

Premium Features