• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I know it's like beating a dead horse, but...'08 M8 pipe questions...

J
Sep 21, 2005
Peace River, Alberta
I bought an '08 M8 153. This has probably been answered a million times. I've got a buddy who's new to sleding, and mentioned he bought an M8, and they sold him a D&D single, y-pipe, can V Force reeds, and an intake, but no fuel controler or amything.

Is he gonna be safe, or should I maybe tell him to buy a box?

I'm also thinking of a similar set up on mine. I'm new to cats, so what's the best combo for mine? Not looking for anything finicky, just a solid pull the rope and go deal.

Thanks a lot, guys!!!!

EDIT! SLP's website says no, BUT, only above 5000 ft. Any idea if it'll work safely at around 2000'?

Last edited:
C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
I put speedwerx stuff(pipe,y-pipe, slp intake horn) on mine and at 2000 ft I would not be doing any long pulls and I would be stabbing at the throttle alot. I belive the 07s run richer than the 08s
I have had no problems with my 07 at 5000ft and up without fuel control

B
Dec 21, 2006
Looking at how much build up I have on my pistons, I can believe that you would need no extra fuel at that elevation. I ride a little lower and will be adding some.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
There's alot of fuel compensation and adjustment with the pipe temp sensor.

There's also some safeguard with the knock sensor that actually may be needed in '08.

I do know you need to warm up the '08's alot because they are perfect at temp down low (read lean when cold engine).

Who'll be the first to install a pipe a pin'er without fuel added?

Premium Features