• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 etec heat soak

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
Anyone else on the demo rides heat soaking the new engine? I had rpm drop to 6400 on a long climb. I hope it isn't the case because the new engine is quite impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Wait a minute. So you start by saying the engine heat soaked.

Then you say I hope it isn't the engine because it is quite impressive.

You own an AXYS.. Things just are not adding up here. Who are you getting to Demo the new sled with?

J
Oct 21, 2015
Minnesota
Anyone else on the demo rides heat soaking the new engine? I had rpm drop to 6400 on a long climb. I hope it isn't the case because the new engine is quite impressive.

RPM's drop when you let off the throttle bro... Its not heat soak
It gets scary when you make it to the top isn't it
face-icon-small-happy.gif

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Last I checked every engine heat soaks. Some worse than others. And they all detune a bit when it happens so it's nothing new. I feel it when my 800 etec does it.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Wow, with all the good things he said about the new Doo, I would think you guys would trust his honesty. I know he was ready to snowcheck one and he is only loyal to what ever works best for the day. Sounds like some guys are a bit touchy if they hear something they don't like. Be thankful you get to hear about it before you have to live it. Very good chance that it won't be a problem by the time they come to production or forget about turboing them. And with those extra injectors, they look like they were built for a turbo. I am sure BRP would not corner themselves like that.

Finally there is 95% of you that would never work a sled like Johnny does so I think it is safe to say that even if they don't fix it, most will never see it.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Tyson Johnson and Tyler Akelstad might have something to say about that. lol

Yeah about that.
Tyson was the one telling me about the fade. :)
I've worked with tyson for 7 years.
He did say the fade was reduced with the p-drive clutch.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
That amount of rpm drop sounds odd for a heat soak situation, not out of the realm but odd. I've had my 800 etecs 800 pros and 872 Trygstads pinned for way longer than 2 min. While I've experienced heat soak I've have not seen a 2500 rpm drop from it though. I wonder if some sensor got a bad reading or something?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
That amount of rpm drop sounds odd for a heat soak situation, not out of the realm but odd. I've had my 800 etecs 800 pros and 872 Trygstads pinned for way longer than 2 min. While I've experienced heat soak I've have not seen a 2500 rpm drop from it though. I wonder if some sensor got a bad reading or something?

That would only be 1500 rpm drop but still that seems like a lot.

Smoke Show

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2008
Fort Nelson, BC

ahh you're Johnny. I heard your name mentioned last time I was down. Buddy mentioned you could ride!

Hopefully it was a one off thing or a demo sled that was not venting properly. Be interesting to hear if anyone else has that issue.

Premium Features