• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

oil injector

P
Nov 28, 2007
Odessa, WA
i recently put my 01 gen II 800 rmk motor into a different chassis for the new season, and it seems that not all the lines on the oil injector are getting oil, i was just wondering what the best way was to make sure all the air bubbles were out assuring oil flow so my motor wont go tits up first ride...

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
Hold the oil pump arm at full stroke and run the engine to about 3000-3500m RPM and watch the oil flow through the lines untill you cant see any more bubbles.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
1st tank extra oil

that is the reason that they have you add oil to the first tank on a new motor. It isn't for extra lube it is to get the bubbles out and make sure the pump is working. If you don't have to add oil to the oil res. after first ride something is wrong

T

ttyR2

Nov 26, 2007
Run 2-stroke premixed fuel (to keep the pistons/rings alive) and hold the oil injection pump wide open until the bubbles are gone. Roller bearings on cranks don't need much lube at idle. I wouldn't go riding the sled until you know the oil system is spot on.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Kfalls, Or
If you have purged all the air out of the pump by loosening the bleed screw on the top of the oil pump, you can pull the spark plugs and crank the engine over by hand until oil gets up to the carbs/bearings. This will take a VERY long time, maybe 100-200 pulls on the rope. If you do that, make sure you put a little oil in the spark plug holes to lubricate the pistons as you crank on it. Also, use a wire to hold the oil open wide open as you pull it over, that will minimize the number of pulls.

Premium Features