• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone know ?

J
Nov 27, 2007
does anyone know if there is a oil tank level sensor and what the two oil sensors on the motor actually do/ control.
one is listed as a switch the other as a sensor.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
julio,

The oil pressure sensor (#10 in the Cat 7000 schematic) is a 3 wire sensor with varying resistance. It sends an actual oil pressure reading to the ECU.
The 3 wires are,
reference voltage from the ECU.
signal return to the ECU and the voltage will change with oil pressure.
low reference from the ECU.
If the signal return matches either the low or high reference voltage, the ECU will set a trouble code.

The oil pressure switch (#12) is simple a single wire open/close switch and is used for the oil light on the dash.
I don't believe that there is an oil level sensor on a Viper/7000, like there is on the Nytro.

Bill

Last edited:
J
Nov 27, 2007
maybe

that may fix the limp mode on a steep climb but mine has started on occasion to have the oil light on at start up and will not fire. disconnect the battery and reconnect and it all is fine. I think that single wire sensor is my current issue and since it mainly does it when the sled is hot cooling the engine bay may prevent it as well.
haven't really had a good test for the oil system yet this year but since evo flashed my ecu have not had that issue.

J
Nov 27, 2007
prime

Your losing oil prime somehow! Roll over valve and reprime might be in order. Is your oil tank vent stock? Did you do the mcx reroute

actually its not loosing prime, turning the key off and on should let the sled fire till it doesn't sense pressure, when it does this it will not fire but if I disconnect the battery and reconnect it it will fire up and run perfect.

J
Nov 27, 2007
yep

the oil light is on turn the key off and on again and it is still on, oil light just wont go off till you disconnect power. connect it and the oil light doesn't come on again. fires and runs. doesn't help to push the prime button on tether roll it shake it cuss or kick it. julio

Premium Features