• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 heat shield

N
Nov 27, 2007
colorado
does anyone know where I can get the new updated heat shield, my dealer says that he cant get any and I am tired of waiting. if someone could tell me where to get on and a price it would be much appreciated. thank you

P
Nov 26, 2007
Your dealer should be able to get you a heat shield part #5606-372. I would also recommend the exhaust valve cable covers (don't know the part #). For anyone interested I put one on an M7 with twin pipes, the material is fairly soft and can be molded by hand to fit. Helps to keep the pipes away from the fuel rail but have to loosen exhaust valve cables and turn a bit to keep off of pipes.

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I think the heat shield is on backorder

D
Nov 26, 2007
Kettle Falls WA
I got lucky and had mine to me in less than a week, think I beat the rush.

I think a lot of people have caught on and AC prolly didn't predict how many peeps would order one for their 07's.

I highly reccomend the sheild, weighs very little and should work great. very easy install too. I had to pull one plastic cable tie out and drill the hole a bit larger to fit the bolt on the PTO side of the sheild. The oil bottle side fit right up no probs.

I reinstalled the cable tie on the heat sheild, prolly didn't need to but did it anyways

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Thats Great!!!!! I was going to town to see if i could order one for my wife new 07 M8. Sounds like i better get it on order.:D

Premium Features