• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Warning for racks on RMK Pro

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Just thought I'd throw a little warning out there for Polaris RMK Pro owners. I managed to tweak my tunnel after I three seasons on my 2013 RMK Pro, this bend came from me mobbing a really whooped trail for a good 9 miles or so straight at speed. I'm a little surprised it took three seasons, as I'm well over 1500 sled shredding miles on my sled, plus I tend to jump, and beat the hell out of whoops regularly with my board in rack.

Tunnel damage:
PolarisTunnelTaco_zpsiag9lf7e.jpg

The fix was rather simple, Better Boards makes a full bumper that braces up against the stock brace. It's well worth the $200 or so investment if you are going to run boards in rack. I just wished I'd installed it before I started cracks in my tunnel.

Fix:
IMG_20160108_234829_zpstfopvp1y.jpg

IMG_20160108_234844_zps84gbctfm.jpg

Happy sled shredding!

N

nfinit100

Oct 1, 2015
Northern CO
never noticed that CFR didn't have something for the Polaris. Just throw the blades on with the skidoo. Thanks for the heads up!

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
sorry to her, yes tunnels were never designed for this kind of weight with skis or boards, so either like the previous person said, get cfr blades or just slow down when the whoops get bad...lose 10 minutes but saves tunnel!

Premium Features