• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team secondary in reverse

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
did the helix have a cutout at the end of the ramp to facilitate the reverse? If it didn't have that, you don't have a reverse helix.

05summitxxx

I had this exact same thing happen to me the other week. I had just installed a helix that TEAM sent me and this started to happen. I called TEAM and they looked on the shelf and there were a bunch of helixes that say ER on the the back of the helix but the helix actually does NOT have the reverse notch cut into it. The clutch opens wide open and will not go anywhere, it just slips the belt.

soreloser

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NE Wyoming
when i put a new team helix on my 900 it would work part of the time. then i looked at the actual notch and the notch on the stock sewcondary was about twice as deep as the new helix i had gotten. so i wound up cutting the reverse notch deeper on the new helix, about half as far as the stock one. i did it with a dremel tool and a lot of patience. it actually wasn't that bad of a job.

but w/o notching it deeper, if i gave it just a lil to much throttle in reverse it would throw the secondary wide open and smoke the belt.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George
Finally got around to taking apart my team clutch and compared both helix's. The old one has bigger notch with a little hook on the tip to keep the roller in. I can see why the roller on the new one comes out.

team helix.JPG

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Finally got around to taking apart my team clutch and compared both helix's. The old one has bigger notch with a little hook on the tip to keep the roller in. I can see why the roller on the new one comes out.

Looks like a return is in order. What angle helix? Spent a couple of days in Pr. George in Aug-must be hard to decide which direction to go sledding. Beautiful country, big mtns.
Noticed the fire hydrants up a couple of feet so you must get some snow in town too.

Last edited:
Premium Features