• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex headlight delete

Cousin Vinny

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Does anybody have any more info on a headlight replacement panel?? somebody must know something, don't be shy, let us in on your secret!!!!!:beer;
Thanks in advance cv

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
call pro power sports in Huron SD, Vince is the owner He has made one for Revy Rod and it looks very good. He's very good with turbos and 4 strokes!!!!!!:beer;

Cousin Vinny

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
They don't have just the headlight replacement "panel". All they have is a complete hood. just called them and asked. I'm out cv

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
exactly what I'm wanting as well

I too want to remove the winshield and light pod but keep the stock hood. I wanna mount the guages low on the riser block too so I can roll the sled over to get unstuck and not crush the head light pod etc. More user friendly this way, stock if it's not really fresh powder it crunches all the plastic, I found out the hard way and didn't have another option.

S

sledrat403

Nov 28, 2007
Pod relocate

What's the cleanest way to relocate the pod/headlights using the stock hood? Is this possible? My headlight pod went for a ride and needs to be replaced - is an aftermarket hood/fog lights required?

Does anyone have pictures of where they relocated their guage pod so it's protected from rollover damage?

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Mountain Mod hood is a complete ONE piece replacement for the OEM hood, headlight pod, gauges and goes all the way back to the steering post. You can mount the OEM windshield if desired. It has formed areas specifically for the gauges to mount/attach to it. It requires aftermarket headlight system (PIAA's etc) and you can cut out the holes whatever shape/design that you want for the lights. If you want to attach it like the stock hood, you need to fab up a piece(hook) for the front bar and can use the same fasteners at the rear corners as stock hood. You need to figure out how and where to mount the key ignition and cig lighter as those are molded into the OEM panel. It requires some trim work as well. I have just ordered one. With the additional work that you have to do on your own, it will take some time, patience and planning to make it look good and be completely functional. The biggest downside that I can see is that you have to remove the whole piece/assembly to get to the engine compartment, although, so far, I don't have to do that much with an Apex. I searched for a year and felt that this was the best alternative out there. Losing weight off the front end is huge on this machine.

Sammy

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2007
Stony plain, Alberta
Bigrock did mountain mod change the hood design for the apex? Their site shows the apex hood without the cowl, they list that as a seperate piece. This would mean you do not have to worry about the key switch and accessory plug. Love the looks of the hood and am trying to convince myself to buy one, however would still like to find a headlight delete kit as the thread indicates.

Cousin Vinny

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
I have your headlite delete problem solved !!!!! Just give me a little time to finish all the loose ends. (selling on here?? ) and a final finish of the fiberglass. It is a one-piece that connects from the handlebar grommet area split, to the two tabs that the original headlite pod rested into. With key and power cut-outs!!! cv

Premium Features