• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Gripper Ski or C&A?

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
Seems like a lot of people like the gripper skis on the viper. What all is involved to make them fit on the 2016 spindle? I currently have the XTX skis on a 2014 Viper. Do we use the Polaris mounting hardware (rubber saddle, bolt, collars etc) and is any modification required to make them fit?

Trying to decide this route or go with some C&A skis that has their own mounting hardware.

Or the new 2016 proclimb ski may not be a bad option either, Thanks

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
We have low snow conditions here right now.. Keep that in mind. I really didn't like how the Powderhounds fought me on a side hill. I'm not sure if its just the extra width or the square edge. Either way, they are on my wife's XTX now and I'm trying to find a decent price on Powder Pros or Grippers.. Would love to hear some reviews on the 16 ski. I like how it has the really wide saddle and can be set up so much more narrow than most other skis.

The stock 15 skis were terrible at just about everything, but oddly enough I found them better than the sly dogs in a side hill.. With low snow!..I might have a different opinion once we get a few feet to play in.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Heavy spring in the frond shock of the skid and the 36'' frond end may change your thinking on the hounds. Wide frond end and wide skis may be a bit to much.

Not saying you are wrong, but I have the heavy spring and I have the zbroz 38 inch kit with the new spindle. I'm trying to decide what 36 inch front end i'm going to purchase.. but I'm not too convinced it was will be that big of a difference. I hope I'm wrong though.

Either way, I bought some lightly used grippers last night for $100 Canadian ($73 USD).. everything included. I was pretty stoked to say the least. I'll give them a shot and get back to you.

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
If you have any questions about our skis, please feel free to give us a call and we can help you out.

Thanks for replying. What ski would you recommend for the viper? I ride in California snow which is usually set up the majority of the time. Pretty rare we get a deep powder day. Im worried that your 8" ski may not be the best for this snow? I do boon docking 75% of the time and the other 25% would be the trail in and out to the hills. Thanks

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Not saying you are wrong, but I have the heavy spring and I have the zbroz 38 inch kit with the new spindle. I'm trying to decide what 36 inch front end i'm going to purchase.. but I'm not too convinced it was will be that big of a difference. I hope I'm wrong though.

Either way, I bought some lightly used grippers last night for $100 Canadian ($73 USD).. everything included. I was pretty stoked to say the least. I'll give them a shot and get back to you.

Most guys here buy frond end stuff direct from cat check into it was told the price difference is significant. Can't beat $100 skis.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Thanks for replying. What ski would you recommend for the viper? I ride in California snow which is usually set up the majority of the time. Pretty rare we get a deep powder day. Im worried that your 8" ski may not be the best for this snow? I do boon docking 75% of the time and the other 25% would be the trail in and out to the hills. Thanks

My friend really likes the BX ski on his Freeride. I kno a lot of guys liked the xtx ski on their nytros.

mark

Lifetime Membership
Sep 26, 2001
Wyoming
skis

I put grippers on my Nytro and I really like them. On hard park the machine turns much easier than stock skis, I'm sure you would have the same luck on the Viper.

caproskis

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2009
Hutchinson, MN
www.caproskis.com

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Our XCS would be a great option for your ride: https://www.caproskis.net/xcs

We would also recommend the 6” woody’s round carbides and the 76000294 mount kit.

Premium Features