• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 spindle fitment issue

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
Just finished installing a zbros 36" arm kit with 2016 spindle on my 2014 viper cox and everything fits good except the spindle to the ski. The spindle bottom seems so thick it's not mating good against the rubber cradle in the ski and I can't get the bolt through the ski holes. Anyone know if I need to get a 2016 rubber ski cradle as well? The current ski and rubber cradle I have is off a 2014 xtx. I'm about ready to shave the cradle down a bit as a last resort.

Thank your

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Just finished installing a zbros 36" arm kit with 2016 spindle on my 2014 viper cox and everything fits good except the spindle to the ski. The spindle bottom seems so thick it's not mating good against the rubber cradle in the ski and I can't get the bolt through the ski holes. Anyone know if I need to get a 2016 rubber ski cradle as well? The current ski and rubber cradle I have is off a 2014 xtx. I'm about ready to shave the cradle down a bit as a last resort.

Thank your

I just put a XTX ski and rubber on my MTX with the new spindle it was a lot of work! Don't fit very well at all. I did get it after though. Get a hammer to tap it in through and pry the other side up.

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
I see that 2016 has a different rubber cradle (they call it a stop) along with different collars. Ordered them up.

I also got my existing ones to work but it's in such a bind the ski angle is not right.

Hope just the stop works and don't have to get 2016 ski as well.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Difficulty pushing the ski up far enough for the bolt to go through is normal, had a hell of a time with c&a skis on my 15 viper. If if went easy the fit won't be sloppy and your ski would pivot up and down freely, you want a decent amount of resistance to make that ski pivot. And usually change out the rubbers about every 1.5 years

Premium Features