• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

36 Inch Stance

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
I just finished installing the zbros 36" kit with the 2016 spindles. Hope to get it out next week I can let you know then.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i got to ride the kit last year & it made a huge diff to me riding my 2015 & the 36 in 2016 back to back.
didnt feel any diff going down the trail other than a bit lighter steering feel but very stable.
rolls up on its side so much better & new spindles dont drag in snow when sidehilling.
i liked it so much i bought the 2016 36 inch kit.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I have the new spindles on mine now. I bought the 38 inch kit from zbroz. It made a pretty good difference actually, compared to the stock spindle. The sled handles rough terrain while sidehilling a lot better. We don't have a lot of snow yet. Just enough to play around a little bit. I had sly dog skis and I can honestly say I don't like their side hill characteristics. I'm not sure if it is just their width that was causing issues. I put them on my wife's XTX and took her stock skis. They are terrible skis.. but they are easier to side hill with compared to the sly dogs.

Long story short is 1 inch on each side going to make big enough difference to pay almost 1000 bucks?? I'd love to try an Alt Impact kit before I pay for it.. that's not going to happen though.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
can you do this with the 2015 front end.:face-icon-small-coo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Of_lXWlCm4

Nope, and I probably can't do it with a 16 either. I'm only half of his size. Haha.

I'm going to be honest Barcode your videos look good. But I'm more interested on what it'll do in the hills. I'm not completely sold on the pivoting shock mount either. Thanks for the post though.

Anyone have any time on the Alt Impact kit? And can compare it to the factory 36 inch kit??

Premium Features