• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evel Knievel Dead at 69!

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
Hes been sick for a while with diabetes and liver problems, he was born and raised in my hometown and every august we have Evel Kneivel days. three days of stunt riders and abunch of other crazy stuff goin on. I heard hes wanted to be put to rest here. eveyone should try to attend Evel days one year. Whole lot of crazy sh/t goes on.
He lived longer than many here thought he would, rest in peace

G
Nov 27, 2007
s cle elum
do not know but this will date me, I used to race motorcycles against him in Great Falls, Sandpoint and Bozman back in the late 50's he was just starting to jump and we would help him set up his ramp and he would jump between the heat and mains, the tracks would pay him $50.00, which was a lot of money than.........he would also race,,,,,,,,fell at one track during the race and hurt his neck, he figured that at that time when he got well that he could do better at jumping and make more money..sad day................

B
Oct 25, 2001
Colville, WA.
profile.myspace.com
Small World

do not know but this will date me, I used to race motorcycles against him in Great Falls, Sandpoint and Bozman back in the late 50's he was just starting to jump and we would help him set up his ramp and he would jump between the heat and mains, the tracks would pay him $50.00, which was a lot of money than.........he would also race,,,,,,,,fell at one track during the race and hurt his neck, he figured that at that time when he got well that he could do better at jumping and make more money..sad day................

I bet you knew my X-Father inlaw. Darrel Triber. EK used to come over to Spokane and we would all have dinner at the Tribers. I gave him a ride on a quad for introductions at the stateline flat track races. He was one crazy SOB on and off the track. He had some crazy stories from back in the day, LOL!!!! He will be missed!

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
I live about 4 miles from the ramp he used on the Snake river jump attempt. I can remember riding my bike over a homemade wooden ramp as a kid wearing a towel around my neck as a cape. And I bet I am not the only one!

B
Nov 7, 2001
Grand Coulee Wa
There is a little canyon back home we named ek canyon. My kid brother and me beat the living chit out of ourselves trying to go big. Funny how some guy that totally trashes his body laying in the hospital bed made just about every boy go i wanna try that:D rip fella and thanks for the childhood memories

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
North of 60 ...Deep Deep in the bush ......
I had an Evil Keneval Bike , helmut , gloves and lots of cool toys ..the dude earned his stripes

and I don't care what the rest of you noobs say ...when the fad wears off and we are back down to our core group of snowesters .......you won't be missed H2SNOW

G

GarlandM8

Dec 1, 2007
Blanchard, ID
RIP Evel.... getting that stunt cycle for Christmas in 74 was a highlight.. always looked forward to the next jump on TV... good memories.. Thanks Evel!

Premium Features