• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RKT Head on M7 and timing retard?

I
Oct 3, 2001
New Meadows ID
Hey guys I just put an RKT head on my M7 and I was wondering if any of you have experimented with retarding the timing. I was wondering:

1. Is it a must in order to run the head?
2. If it isn't a must then has anyone tried it and seen any gains?
3. If you tried it, how many degrees did you go back?

I'm riding at 6k-9k and they are the 15:1 domes. The sled is stock other than I put an AAEN can on it. No fuel management.

Thanks for the info.

High Life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW Montana
When I first put my RKT head on my M7 I used a key and it wouldn't pull on top end so Kelsey told me that his head worked the best WITHOUT any timing. I think I installed my key to advance it 2.5 degrees......can't remember tho....
If you want a timing key, let me know I still have it.

I
Oct 3, 2001
New Meadows ID
I see that you have an '05 (how do you like his 800 kit?). I forgot to mention mine is an '06. I'm not sure what the difference would be as far as the timing is concerned. Maybe something in the CDI. The reason I'm wondering is that on Kelseys site he mentions that an offset key is required for the '05 models. I'm just wondering what you guys have experimented with.

Thanks,
Jake

IShartd

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Alpine County, CA
I am interested in knowing this as well, putting one of RKTs heads on a friends 05 M7 tommorrow. I also have his 800 kit on My sled, hate to get a little of topic, but wondering if HIGH LIFE has any set up suggestions, I haven't had the oppurtunity to get it on the snow. For now I am starting with Kelsey's set ups, but its always nice to hear others experiences.

Premium Features