• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTF is up with KBB/NADA on used truck price...

R
Nov 28, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I am trying to figure out what my truck is worth - searched local ads, KBB and NADA Guides - there is a spread of over 10 grand between NADA and KBB. Any car dealers have an idea of what I can expect from a trade and from a private party sale??

2001 GMC 2500HD crew cab long bed SLE
Duramax/Allison
4wd
Cloth interior
190,000 miles
overall great shape - still looks real nice.

80020 zip code

Any thoughts??

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
Here's a manheim auction report, the pertinent part I circled in red:

aucrep-1.jpg

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
FWIW, there's a guy selling a very clean 06 GMC, DMax, 4x4, cc/sb, new tires, leather, no perf mods, 27k mi, Bilsteins, nerf bars, windows tinted, leveling keys.
He's asking $34k, said he'd take $32k when I looked at it (I'd only give him $30k).
Don't want to post his #, but it was in the Albq Journal classifieds still 3 days ago.

Fearless Catman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
The Sheyenne River Valley of ND
Try Edumds.com and get their appriased value. I am in the market for a diesel truck and have found the NADA and KBB to be basically useless in terms of buying a truck used cash vs buying a truck new cash. NADA was usually higher and doesnt offer me a list of values from excellent to rough. They only offer excellent for retail. KBB was generally lower. I feel KBB is better than NADA all around. But I feel the Edmunds is much closer in pricing in terms of new vs used cash. This is what Im going to use until somebody finally accepts my offer. Right now, my biggest pet peeve is dealers giving somebodys trade in too much for the condition of the truck..... Hope this helps.

W
Nov 26, 2007
Iowa
manheim auction report thats exactly what i was going to suggest doing that a serious tool for car dealers there thats how they call the deals out!

Premium Features