• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled Decks

B
Nov 29, 2007
MN & WY
Does anybody know how a sled deck attatches to the bed of your truck. Do they attatch to the loops on the bottom of your bed in the four corners???? Any pics or input would be great. :eek:

S

Sled169

All depends on the deck and the user preferance. Our deck can be tied in with turnbuckels in the four corners either on the factory hooks, or by drilling a hole in the thicker part of the bed. Also our foot pads a large enough that you can drill down through the bed of your truck and bolt it direct if you want to.

Check out many photos of our decks and how they are tied in at our web site. www.customsledecks.com

;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
P
Nov 26, 2007
Sled Deck

I have had my aluminum sled deck for 14 years now. 4 Bolts thru the truck box. I seen some attached with screw anchors and other means but I feel the 4 bolt set up to be the best. No sliding around. Strong - and I have hit some major holes with either the sleds or quads on the deck just b/c a person needed spped to get thru the bad spots.

My deck was built by Jet Craft in Grande Prairie, Alberta.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Bolting it down is much better than the turn buckle. TB loosen up, constantly have to retighten, I tried the TB first, the front ones popped off and the deck teeter tottered back and forth and made indents in bed.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
My Marathon deck is designed to be bolted which is totally solid. I wonder how strong the factory truck tie-downs are. I'm not sure I'd trust them with turnbuckles and $25K+ in sleds up top.

WYrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Gillette, WY
Are these decks universal? Or does anyone make a deck for a smaller body truck? I would like one for a Dakota.

A
Jan 3, 2007
SPOKANE
i have used the turn buckles for 2 years now, never have had to re-tighten them, i put in heavy duty eyebolts in the corners of the bed and down through the frame, if you set the anchor points correctly so that there is plenty of opposing force , one end against the other, it should eliminate the need of having to re-tighten them.

i like the idea of bolts, but it is easier to remove my deck w/out the use of tools when i want the bed empty for hauling

V
Nov 27, 2007
denver area
Problem with Dakota is it's too small for 2 sleds, you'll overload the axle. If you only have one sled, just load it in the bed, but they do make single decks. Single decks are a waste of money in my opinion, but it's not my truck nor my money.

Premium Features