• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Performance Package

S
Nov 29, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Has anyone done this to their 700 Dragons? I'm looking for something to hold me off till next summer when I can put a little more into it. How much of a difference did it make, or would it just be better to hold off and just do a pipe/can combo for now and save the $$ for the 777 or 840 kit?

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
I've done slp pipe, hps can, slp air horn, mtx weights and reeds. IT runs good. i'd like to see what the porting does

S
Nov 29, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Now was the air horn for the '07 models only? It looks like mine (08) has a pretty decent intake set-up already. Now I know with the cat's that once you started doing anything with both the intake and exhaust side people were going with a boondocker box as well.... is this the case with the Dragon as well? I wouldn't care I just want it to run primo.

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
I will have my first ride this weekend with the "whole" performance package from SLP. I went last weekend but did not have their pipe that they send out with the kits. I will give you guys an update when I get back.

John

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I will have my first ride this weekend with the "whole" performance package from SLP. I went last weekend but did not have their pipe that they send out with the kits. I will give you guys an update when I get back.

John
I'd like to know as well. I'm considering this on my Dragon. Thanks.

T

trench

Nov 28, 2007
07 700 Dragon running even better.

Had my 07 155 out last week , even runs harder this year only have slp air horn and hps can.
Ride with lots of rev's they all where amazed in deep fresh powder the little 7
high marked all with ease...
Don't need many modes just more break in miles...

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
This was the first ride on my Dragon with SLP's performance package, and it ran like sh!t. 7400 was about all she could pull in the snow. And on the trails around Cooke I could only hit 8000, from what SLP tells me this motor should run around 8250 so the dragon felt like a 550 fan this weekend.

I did put a Mountain fit hood on the night before we left, and couldnt figure out a way to get his air box shelf to work with his hood. SOOO that could be the problem. Do you guys think that just leaving the top of the air box open would cause almost 850 RPM lost from last weekend??? It was very cold out and the hood is vented very well. I also put some side panel vents on so that would decrease under hood temps as well. Plugs looked fantastic so its not pig rich on top or anything. Any suggestions???

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'd follow up with SLP. Wow, that is very disappointing. Hopefully it is something simple, like your clutch setup (which might not be so simple). I can't see the porting or dash filters making a difference like that. It must be around the addition to the pipe.

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
I'd follow up with SLP. Wow, that is very disappointing. Hopefully it is something simple, like your clutch setup (which might not be so simple). I can't see the porting or dash filters making a difference like that. It must be around the addition to the pipe.

I did call SLP today and the R&D guys are out riding. So really no help there. I could see loosing MAYBE 200 RPM by not having the airbox shelf on, but not 850. I think taking weight out of the primary is a step in the wrong direction, to me I would think that you need to add more weight to compensate for the extra HP on top....But thats just me. What do you guys think?

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Did you put any venting at all in the Mt Fit hood? Hot air can do funky things to engines that are tuned to run in 20° or less temps.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
I did call SLP today and the R&D guys are out riding. So really no help there. I could see loosing MAYBE 200 RPM by not having the airbox shelf on, but not 850. I think taking weight out of the primary is a step in the wrong direction, to me I would think that you need to add more weight to compensate for the extra HP on top....But thats just me. What do you guys think?

I would agree with you on the adding weight to the primary if all other specs are them same but if you removed weight already it should over rev not under. I've never been too impressed with their clutching recommendations though.

Nov 29, 2007
SW, MT
I posted this same question about a month 1/2 ago and got not response at all. It sounds like Babbit is the only one running one on here so far and it doesn't sound great, hopefully it's a simple fix. I can't decide if i want to spend the money to get a little more power out of my 700 or just wait and get an 800 next year?? Keep us updated Babbit.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Finally found sweet spot with my 07 dragon.It goes awsome but had to get the RPM up to 8250-8400.My addons are slp prefilters,slp air horn,4 flow rites, htg pipe,b&b can, 58 gram wieghts,dropped gears to 19-42,installed extraverts with anti stab&9"big wheels.With stock gearing and wieghts was only getting 7800 rpm,after changing feels like i bolted on another 15hp plus simply by getting into peek power range.Not only ran with the eights but pulled harder than some,it was a good weekend.

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
Did you put any venting at all in the Mt Fit hood? Hot air can do funky things to engines that are tuned to run in 20° or less temps.

I purchase mountain fit's hood vent kit. And all those are in place. I also drilled out all the normal vents with 20-30 1/4 holes. I added Mountain Fits side panel vents get rid of any excess clutch/can heat from under the hood. I also have SLP venting for the clutch side fender, with the exit vent as well. And drilled out the "consol" vents and made them look like the ones that carls cylce is selling. I will post a pic of the hood setup when I get home tonight.

John

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
So now that we're all makin better HP, what track is everyone using to put it to the ground? EW

I added some sheet metal screws to my track on every other lug for grass drags, but decided to leave them in for the winter to humor myself. I think it helped alot. Ive only got 160 miles on this year but I think it better than the stock track...I think F-bomb also did this.

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
I'm going to make a snorkle that glues to the top of my airbox and vents directly up to where the windshield would be. I will run it hopefully thursday to see how it reacts. I will keep you guys updated.

John

Premium Features