• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox Float pressure

R
Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman MT
Just got a set of Floats on my Apex and was wondering what pressure everyone runs? Little trail riding but mostly mountains/boondocking. I'm about 200lbs and ride fairly aggressive. Also, I have a 41" Holz front susp. Thanks.

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
Yamaha recomended 55lbs for the Apex. I found 70 to 75lbs was nice setting. Still a nice plush ride, but didnt dip and dive in the corners as bad.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Once you get a real good setting can you put in nitrogen something not affected by temp and elevation???? I have floats all the way around Terry

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
Thats why i used the words "as bad" lol.

I liked the floats on Revs and M series but not on the Apex. I just think you could be valved better.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Especially if you run without the sway-bar you should have them re-valved.
Just had the Floats for my skid valved up for my weight and boost.
I will know by the weekend how well that works.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Especially if you run without the sway-bar you should have them re-valved.
Just had the Floats for my skid valved up for my weight and boost.
I will know by the weekend how well that works.

Let us know cause my floats are in and while I'm down I want all the work done right Thanks Terry

R
Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman MT
Thanks everyone, the input is appreciated! I am mostly interested in the weight savings but good handling would be a plus. I'll stqrt at 75 and go from there. By the way, nice sled Darko! You guys in Alaska sure grow big rats though!

Premium Features