• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steamboat House Rentals

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Try this place. There is also Steamboat Lake Outfitters and Hans Peak Inn. My dad who lives in Steamboat was really impressed with the Hans Peak Inn. Sound like it might be a good match for how many you want to accomodate.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Tried to PM you, but it doesn't work! I am in the Boat and as of now, we don't even have a foot of snow. Watch my thread that I have for Rabbit Ears Pass every day and I'll post the changes. The ski area isn't even open yet. If you have checked their website it says that we have gotten 32" of snow so far, that is an outright lie! I am not trying to discourage you, just don't want you to travel that far and set yourselves up for a MAJOR dissappoinment! If you are planning on driving that far, I would try Togwotee, they have a lot of snow! We are heading that way after Xmas.

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
Not sure what is up with the PM not working. Still trying to figure out the new format.
Thanks for the input. I actually have friends in Dubois that wanted to ride Steamboat. We are prepared to deviate and go North if we have to. Still optomistic that you will get some snow.
We would like to find a house to rent that will accomidate 10 of us and easy trailer parking, our usual spot fell through.

Zuma

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2003
Stagecoach, Summit County, CO
My good friend built a muli-million dollar duplex near City Market near the ski area base. Place is about 1-year old, he rents out one side around 3,000 sqft. He is also a sledder and Dirt bike rider and we ride together a lot. I can get you info if your interested. Place is about 20 mins to RE, 15Min to Buff, 30Min to FT, or 30-40Mins to Hahns, <5mins to downtown steamboat or Ski Area Base.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
VRBO is a good way to get a relative bargain. I've used them a few times with good results. Kind of short notice for Xmas rentals though. Snow wise you should be OK there. Indian summer is over and things change quick with a few storms, like this one hammering us now. Here's some rentals for the Boat. Sounds like a good time, let me know if ya need a guide to the good stuff.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/colorado/northwest/steamboat-springs

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
Thanks, all for the input. ZUMA, I sent you a message, would like to get that info from you on the cabin, that is what I am looking for.

Snoman69

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2003
Colorado Springs
There are plenty of options/places to look at up there.... It's just going to take some time, discipline, and a few beers to sift through it all. Also, like bushmaster said, I wouldn't worry to much about the snow conditions. One or two storms, and you will be set..... I've seen it dump ~4' in two days.....

B
Nov 26, 2007
Elkhorn Nebraska
SLO rocks!!! Sue is awesome. I said once and I'll say it again. I used to own a house in Parkside across the street from SLO. There is some SICK climbing if you know where to go!!! The trails that take you there on the Sand mtn side are not groomed but they are ridden down so you can tell where to go. usually good snow back in california park and sugar loaf. But hahns peak has some insane climbs too. Best climb is that second front face of sand mtn. Best way to summit sand too, on the spine!!! Trail goes right up to the base of the face!!! INSANE IF YOU KNOW WHERE TO GO!!!

Premium Features