• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bill of sale

J
Nov 26, 2007
minnesota
Can anyone tell me how to, or what to include in writting up a bill of sale for a sled that i sold to fella in canada?? I want to make sure i have every in order so there are no problem.

Thanks for any help
Jebski

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
I generally follow this format:

"I, your name, sold their name one (1) item description VIN# number on this day, November 28, 2007, for agreed ammount."

Granted, I usually make it look a bit more proffesional then that but you get the idea.

B

beer gut

Nov 2, 2004
Centennial, CO
Here is one I have used -- I got it from my ex-wife, who is a lawyer. If you like it I could email the word document, it looks much better...

BILL OF SALE

In consideration of $_6,000.00_, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I, Joe Schmoe (the “Seller”), do hereby bargain, sell and deliver unto Dick Weed (the "Purchaser"), one 2005 Ski-Doo Summit VIN #2BPSZZ5A95V999999.
I vouch to be the true and lawful owner of said vehicle and have full power, right and lawful authority to dispose of said vehicle. This vehicle is free and clear of all liens and encumbrances.
The purchase of said vehicle by the Purchaser is made without any expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of any kind and said vehicle is sold "as is".

Date: January 25, 2005 ________________________________
Joe Schmoe

D
Nov 26, 2007
I generally follow this format:

"I, your name, sold their name one (1) item description VIN# number on this day, November 28, 2007, for agreed ammount."

Granted, I usually make it look a bit more proffesional then that but you get the idea.

Throw in an "as is" after the vin# ;)

-DallanC

C
Dec 19, 2002
Here is one I have used -- I got it from my ex-wife, who is a lawyer. If you like it I could email the word document, it looks much better...

BILL OF SALE

In consideration of $_6,000.00_, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I, Joe Schmoe (the “Seller”), do hereby bargain, sell and deliver unto Dick Weed (the "Purchaser"), one 2005 Ski-Doo Summit VIN #2BPSZZ5A95V999999.
I vouch to be the true and lawful owner of said vehicle and have full power, right and lawful authority to dispose of said vehicle. This vehicle is free and clear of all liens and encumbrances.
The purchase of said vehicle by the Purchaser is made without any expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of any kind and said vehicle is sold "as is".

Date: January 25, 2005 ________________________________
Joe Schmoe

Looks good to me, I also need a bill of sale for a sled I sold to a family in Canada, eh.

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Here in WA, if the Bill of sale is from out of state non-titled sleds, get it notarized also. They required it here and would be an extra level of safety for border/license issues.

Premium Features