• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boise area people please chime in, looking at moving there

M
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
I am in Pocatello now, graduating in May in Finance, thinking I might end up there looking for a job, plus my sister lives in Caldwell and Dad in Ontario. Don't think I want to be in Boise, what is a good area to be near good jobs, decent schools, not too expensive housing, and of course close to sledding!--and ATVing. Looking at the map I was thinking Garden City, Eagle, or Star area? I don't really know anything much about the Boise area. Help me out here.:confused:

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Depending on what and where you plan on working I'd rent for awhile to get use to the different areas of the valley... Eagle and Star are both nice places but cost a lot more then say Meridian and Kuna. The commute from Eagle and Star can take quite a while depending on where you live. If drivning wasn't an issue and you had the money, I'd look near Homedale, Horseshoe Bend or Wilderness Ranch near Lucky Peak. Horse Shoe Bend and Wilderness Ranch are both close to good riding...

E
Nov 26, 2007
meridian idaho
Hey MP, i've lived here my whole life and imo it is the best part of the state. You won't find a better job anywhere else. I've had many friends move from the east side and never go back. The bad news is that you may have to travel a little farther to snow but you have lots more options. As far as where to live? I would stay out of Garden City unless you have lots of money to live in the one good subdivision (basically boise's slum. Eagle is also very expensive and a pain in the *** to get to the south side of boise (although it is closer to the mountains!!) Meridian is also expensive but a nice place. I live there. ha ha It really depends on whether you are looking to buy or rent and where your job will be. Also how much you are willing to spend on a place. Boise itself has some pretty nice reasonably priced areas. Hope this helps. If you have more info I may be able to help more.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
First, I'd find a job. Then I'd rent near work, until I figured out what works best. The commute in Boise can be a real headache. They are "updating" the roads here a lot. Local peeps are good people though. You have to go as far as Garden Valley/Smith's Ferry, or Idaho City, or Fairfield to find snow.

Premium Features