• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best place in Keweenaw for fuel

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
Getting a big bore kit on my sled and the installer says it is very important to get good fuel. Anybody have good places/bad places to get fuel in the Keweenaw area? Usually ride in Twin Lakes, south of Houghton, north of Mass City. Have always filled up at Krupp's. Thanks in advance, Covelli

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Pat's in Greenland has good no ethanol fuel. Haven't filled up mid-day at a station up there since my trail riding days, I just bring my own fuel from home. Full sled + 8 gallons is more than enough for 2 days of riding. Fuel prices are crazy until you get to Houghton.

K
Feb 13, 2016
I haul gas to the UP, it all comes out of the same terminals in Green Bay, some stations such as Holiday and Shell have branded additives injected in when we are loading, but to me the most important thing in buying gas is the condition of the tanks, old stations with underground tanks can have a lot of crap in in the bottom and some filler holes are in bad shape and leak water into the gas from ice and snow build up. Mass City has brand new underground tanks and I was the first one to fill them up last year, and they go through a lot of premium 91 in the winter so it is really fresh, I would fill up there over Pat's in Greenland.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
I haul gas to the UP, it all comes out of the same terminals in Green Bay, some stations such as Holiday and Shell have branded additives injected in when we are loading, but to me the most important thing in buying gas is the condition of the tanks, old stations with underground tanks can have a lot of crap in in the bottom and some filler holes are in bad shape and leak water into the gas from ice and snow build up. Mass City has brand new underground tanks and I was the first one to fill them up last year, and they go through a lot of premium 91 in the winter so it is really fresh, I would fill up there over Pat's in Greenland.

Don't forget ethanol free!!!

Premium Features