• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3inch track in a 16 mtx

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Just wondering if a person buys an MTX , can you install a 3 inch challenger with out changing drivers ?

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
Yes 3" fits in 15 mtx and 16 with mtx with ease. No work is needed just put the track on and ride.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I have been thinking a 153 mtx with a 3 inch challenger and boost it turbo would be a complete riot. Just have to sell the xm then time to go shopping.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Got an exchange on my 15' and ran the 3 inch powerclaw, works great I'm curious if there is clutching changes as with the 8jp belt and factory weightst did not like the extra traction, threw clutching from my apex in and clutches were cool and torque was endless

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Got an exchange on my 15' and ran the 3 inch powerclaw, works great I'm curious if there is clutching changes as with the 8jp belt and factory weightst did not like the extra traction, threw clutching from my apex in and clutches were cool and torque was endless

8JP belt is a joke, some guys filled there clutches with belt dust in first 200 miles. Why would you NOT run a tried and proven 8DN that is half the price? :face-icon-small-win

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
stock viper, 8fs weights loaded blue pink blue spring i think?? and shockwave helix. and 8dn belt

the 8fp weights or w/e they are that come stock, i was on rev limiter no matter
what. ride 5-7000k

gonna try some stm weights that i had that worked great in my n/a apex. some ppl thought i was running a low boost turbo

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
stock viper, 8fs weights loaded blue pink blue spring i think?? and shockwave helix. and 8dn belt

the 8fp weights or w/e they are that come stock, i was on rev limiter no matter
what. ride 5-7000k

gonna try some stm weights that i had that worked great in my n/a apex. some ppl thought i was running a low boost turbo

8fp weights, green/white/green spring and add 4mm of shims on the primary spring (thunder products sells them) add rivets to your target rpm. Thousand run this setup, by the way mine engages about 3k rpm before anybody asks about shimming the primary spring. This Viper clutching is WAY different from previous Yamaha

Premium Features