• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Axys Pro RMK/SKS/Assault Pictures

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Well figured I start a thread since their coming in and will start it off.

2016 Pro RMK 163 3" 800 Voodoo Blue

Silber Turbo, Boards, Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Bomber Rails and powder coating all in the works!

Last edited by a moderator:

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
Great looking sled.A Voodoo blue 155 with the 2.6 was my choice but not in the cards for this season.
I'll be riding the 11 Pro with 14 warranty motor and new 15 factory clutch for another season.Got 2500+ out of first OEM motor a little over 1500 on warranty motor,200 on new clutch.Broken hand kept me from getting more miles on it this spring.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
What is the little thing that looks like some kind of a case in the front of the carbon fiber down tube (on the right viewed from the front)?
Great looking sled!

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Behind the spare belt holder is what I'm referring to. I'm assuming it is the ECM?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Behind the spare belt holder is what I'm referring to. I'm assuming it is the ECM?

Its not on my sled.

Electric start?

IDD module?
88c4eca6e4d388e01884c161c80e67e0.jpg

a5ff34cf7fcc7fdb1e05a38dbb59b2cc.jpg

I'm curious what those things are.

51f64dccb53fc42e77037c33c79583b9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
AK...or others with '16's...

I see that the gripper ski itself is the same as all previous PRO's and dragons... but the Ski Rubber is a whole new part number.

Anyone with an 11-15 PRO AND an AXYS-Mountain sled care to do some comparison photos of those??
Maybe put the ski-to-ski, mounted to the sled, sitting on the floor... close up of both skis/spindles/rubbers?

Also... It seems that the new spindles have a longer "shoe" extended in front of the spindle for more contact area and less "pinch" on the rubber than the
previous models.

I think the ski/rubber issues of the past will be minimized on this new chassis...time will tell.

I'm curious also, is the tie-rod mount on the spindle of the AXYS in the same position relative to the centerline of the ball-joint to spindle bolts... in essence, is the AXYS spindle simply extended below the lower ball joint?... or is there more going on there??

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska

I see that the gripper ski itself is the same as all previous PRO's and dragons... but the Ski Rubber is a whole new part number.

Anyone with an 11-15 PRO AND an AXYS-Mountain sled care to do some comparison photos of those??
Maybe put the ski-to-ski, mounted to the sled, sitting on the floor... close up of both skis/spindles/rubbers?

Also... It seems that the new spindles have a longer "shoe" extended in front of the spindle for more contact area and less "pinch" on the rubber than the
previous models.

I think the ski/rubber issues of the past will be minimized on this new chassis...time will tell.

I'm curious also, is the tie-rod mount on the spindle of the AXYS in the same position relative to the centerline of the ball-joint to spindle bolts... in essence, is the AXYS spindle simply extended below the lower ball joint?... or is there more going on there??

Front lip is about 1" so it is longer.

The Spindle itself is about 1-1/2" taller with it basically stretched below the bottom ball joint.

The tie rod seams to be set the same distance with out getting more tools.

The whole sled itself is taller and higher off the ground than my 13.

The tunnel is depth is few inches shallower, the sled it self feels like getting into a lifted truck compared to my 13... The seat much more stiffer, the rear suspension set in is noticeably less.

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
the more i look at these pics, the more i'm happy with my decision for this year. I was undecided up until the last hour... i was originally a doo die hard up until my 15'rmk last year....i loved the 15' sled but it seemed underpowered compared to etec 800's i ride with. It handled so well tho.

This new chassis and polaris fit and finish look sooooo much better this time around. I like the fact you can pop a couple pins and have the whole hood off in seconds. the doo's claustrophobic engine compartment annoyed me.

I really hope these sleds live up to expectations.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO

previous models.

Here are some comparisons. Sorry for one pic per post, but the only way I can do it from my phone. Here is an '11-'15 spindle and the taller '16 spindle.

attachment.php

image.jpg

Premium Features