• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 axys chaincase with pix

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
no its not dry, it prob only holds a once or 2 thoe, i just tipped it on its side and took the cover off, just cause i could

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
I'm not goin to put gas in mine till my first trip. From now till then our awesome gas nowadays would go bad by then. I can get you dry weight?

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
And this is why I love Snowest. Guy gets a brand new sled home and the first thing he does (after sitting on it and making braaap braaap sounds......Takes the chain case cover off to confirm gears for other members. :face-icon-small-coo

Weight of Sled

We weighed the 2016 that we have sitting on our showroom floor when we first assembled it. It is the 155 2.6, and filled with all fluids, and only 1 pound of gas (since we knew it would be on our showroom floor quite awhile) it weighed in at an impressive 431Lbs!

Since gas weighs roughly 7 to 8 lbs per gallon, I will let you extrapolate a complete RTR weight!

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
We weighed the 2016 that we have sitting on our showroom floor when we first assembled it. It is the 155 2.6, and filled with all fluids, and only 1 pound of gas (since we knew it would be on our showroom floor quite awhile) it weighed in at an impressive 431Lbs!

Since gas weighs roughly 7 to 8 lbs per gallon, I will let you extrapolate a complete RTR weight!
Do you mean 413lbs?...

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Just a reminder, that case is molded into the bulkhead on the Axys. Keep it lubed and with appropriate tension, or it's a belt drive conversion for you (if you're lucky enough to salvage what's left).

Not that anyone is selling a conversion for the Axys, yet, but I'm sure someone has done it to a 15, or someone around here is planning to do it to a 16 already. Would be a great new post with pics!

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
: I took the case off just to know myself but tom from tki needed to know and yesterday he said call on Monday and he will have something for me to order :bounce:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Anyone know if the 13-15 TKI belt kit works in these yet? Because I'm contemplating selling my kit off of my '13 Pro with a spare belt. I need to trim my '13 down so I can sell it cheaper.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
Anyone know if the 13-15 TKI belt kit works in these yet? Because I'm contemplating selling my kit off of my '13 Pro with a spare belt. I need to trim my '13 down so I can sell it cheaper.

The gears will work, might need a different length belt or something like that, but the gears will fit.

TKILLC

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2011
Billings Montana
We will have a conversion for both sleds this year. The 2.6 sled kit runs the same gears and tensioner arm as the 13-15 only thing different is the mounting base. We will offer new mounting bases for anyone wanting to take there old kit and put it on a new one. The 3 inch axis will have all different parts than previous models. I am hoping to post pictures in the next week of everything assembled, just need to check fitment on the production sleds.

Premium Features