• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GGB or Diamond S

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Looking for a QUIET can.
Both look to be excellent quality, any feedback from real users of both? Pros and cons?

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Can only speak to the Diamond S, but I can say it is stellar.
Welds/sound is fantastic, barely above stock levels if any at all…
(to be fair I didn't measure with any instruments, just what my ears tell me..)
And LIGHT! The box it comes in with the packing is heavier than the can itself, crazy.
If the GGB is anywhere close, then that's also a quality piece.
I'll be ordering a new Diamond S for the Axys here right away :face-icon-small-ton

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
The GGB Trail can is not stock quiet by no means, but definitely quieter than many others. It is probably one of my favorite sounding cans, not annoying, not loud enough to make anyone mad, etc. With that said I want to try a GGB can on my 16 Pro but I want something ceramic coated to keep heat off the belt drive.

Last edited:

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
The GGB Trail can is not stock quiet by no means, but definitely than many others. It is probably one of my favorite sounding cans, not annoying, not loud enough to make anyone mad, etc. With that said I want to try a GGB can on my 16 Pro but I want something ceramic coated to keep heat off the belt drive.

Good point on ceramic coating. I never even thought of that..

The diamond S isn't ceramic coated either is it?

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
This my experience the diamond s quite is a great can no power loss great quality. I have a buddy that put a ggb on his 15 assault and it thru codes and put it in limp mode, but other people have them with no problems so he could have got a bad one. My .02

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
i would get DB ratings if possible whom ever you go with

that silber can is very light also but haven't seen the DB readings yet

my experiance with GGB is they are on the louder side
(maybe they've changed things since last season )

happy hunting

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I run the Jaws race on my 15 and find it is a great balance between sound, light weight and performance. they offered several versions for the current axys chassis.....worth looking at for sure.

‘1 5 RUSH/SWITCHBACK (PRO S, PRO X, ADVENTURE)
Designed specifically for the new Axys chassis! The race muffler weighs just under 5 lbs and adds that deep, crisp sound! While the trail can weighs 6.5 lbs and keeps the machine quiet at low rpm’s. High heat black paint $289 race and $319 trail. Ceramic chrome $339 race and $359 trail. AVAILABLE FALL 2014.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I had a Diamond S Quiet on a 13 Pro and rode with a guy who had one on a T3. In both cases, I could not tell the difference between stock and the Diamond S Quiet. At 3.5 lbs., it is a great product. No power loss either. I have ordered one from Diamond S for my 2016 Axys Pro. I am excited for snow (too many months away)!

R
Oct 10, 2014
Got the GGB Mtn can on my Summit, and it rocks. Its loud when you crack it open. So if looking for quiet don't get this can. The service is excellent as well. No codes, no bogs, works as advertised. And sheds tons of weight and increases space underneath. Love the GGB

Last edited:

Titanium 375

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Ephraim, Utah
www.diamond-smfg.com
I would just like to say thanks to all of those who have bought our Titanium can's.
we are running a preseason sale on our Titanium can's

sled header
titanium is not a good radiator we have taken quite a few measurements and there is actually less heat coming off of a titanium can then ceramic coated can

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
GGB Cans

Guy's- Keep in mind that GGB makes MOUNTAIN and TRAIL can's for the Pro's & the new AXYS
I run both ( yeah I am a Dealer for them) and I can tell you that they are both pretty quiet when running down the trail.

The MOUNTAIN can is/ and supposed to be louder once you reach the point that the power valves open and it does have a bark to it- as alot of mountain riders do like.
The TRAIL can is much much quieter than the mountain can when in the power valve range- It does have a deeper tone than stock and sounds much better than stock- but in no way has any type of bark to.
Designed for those that want a better than stock sound at Idle, Mid/WOT ranges

Running both cans in the 2014 &2015 Pro's with QD drive system with over 1200 miles logged last season here in the deeper snow mountains of 9,500' there is so much area avaiable with the stock silencer removed- and the unique position of the GGB can- we never experienced any heat issues on the QD system-

Keeping the price down by not adding any unnessary exterior coating besides the powder coating, makes it VERY affordable & very lightweight.

Just stating for clairfication for those not familiar with the GGB product.

S/C

Last edited:

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Guy's- Keep in mind that GGB makes MOUNTAIN and TRAIL can's for the Pro's & the new AXYS
I run both ( yeah I am a Dealer for them) and I can tell you that they are both pretty quiet when running down the trail.

The MOUNTAIN can is/ and supposed to be louder once you reach the point that the power valves open and it does have a bark to it- as alot of mountain riders do like.
The TRAIL can is much much quieter than the mountain can when in the power valve range- It does have a deeper tone than stock and sounds much better than stock- but in no way has any type of bark to.
Designed for those that want a better than stock sound at Idle, Mid/WOT ranges

Running both cans in the 2014 &2015 Pro's with QD drive system with over 1200 miles logged last season here in the deeper snow mountains of 9,500' there is so much area avaiable with the stock silencer removed- and the unique position of the GGB can- we never experienced any heat issues on the QD system-

Keeping the price down by not adding any unnessary exterior coating besides the powder coating, makes it VERY affordable & very lightweight.

Just stating for clairfication for those not familiar with the GGB product.

S/C
So, on the trail GGB can you install a muffpot at the pipe-can junction? Does not look do-able to me. Mountain can , no problem

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI

I don't believe a non ceramic coated can will cause an issue at all, the stock one isn't, and is much larger making it closer to the quick drive system. But, if I'm going to shell out the money for a brand new can, the difference between GGB and ceramic coated competitors isn't that much. Keeping heat out from under the hood, better protection from rust, and better looking seems worth it to me. If they offered a ceramic coating, no question would I have their trail can on my Axys. Maybe I'll still end up getting one, we'll see. Titanium seems nice but the price tag is a bit much for this guy :face-icon-small-sho

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I don't believe a non ceramic coated can will cause an issue at all, the stock one isn't, and is much larger making it closer to the quick drive system. But, if I'm going to shell out the money for a brand new can, the difference between GGB and ceramic coated competitors isn't that much. Keeping heat out from under the hood, better protection from rust, and better looking seems worth it to me. If they offered a ceramic coating, no question would I have their trail can on my Axys. Maybe I'll still end up getting one, we'll see. Titanium seems nice but the price tag is a bit much for this guy :face-icon-small-sho

When you ready to buy- let me know.. Sometimes the price will make you change your mind.
If your compairing Apples to Oranges on performance / warranty/ workmanship- on the cans and what style .. then maybe you are better off with what you feel more comfortable with.

If you want bling-- that's fine but on these new style of sleds from Poo/ Cat/ and Doo- showing off your BLING is not as easy as just opening a hood anylonger.

BTW ..............
Ceramic coating does rust also- and generally worse than a powder coated unit because of the visibility..

S/C

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
So, on the trail GGB can you install a muffpot at the pipe-can junction? Does not look do-able to me. Mountain can , no problem

The GGB is small enough in diameter that you can install it on the side of the can! Worked sweet all last season for me!
The Trail can sounds sweet but I would have to say that once broken in it does have a bit of a bark to it. Not obnoxious by any means and a bit quieter than the MBRP Trail Can. We had a few different options in our group last year and I do think the GGB trail was a favorite!

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Heard the Ultra Q. Louder that the MBRP and GGB Trail for sure! SLP sounds like a horn beeping and Bikeman is tinny sounding and loud. Love my GGB.!

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Depending what you want out of the Muffpot-
horizional/vertical?? I have seen them mounted on moth can with no issues.

I have a muffpot mounted on top of my GGB Can. I have it up near where it meets the pipe. It is not the hottest location but will warm food up nice. I love the GGB can and have not had any issues with it.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
it's summer, i'm bored and want to buy a can for my snow check sks. but have a few questions after reading through the posts.

What is the weight for the GGB trail can?

Weight for GGB mountain can?

Weight for Diamond S quiet can?

I am leaning for the GGB, but if it's not much lighter than stock the Diamond S maybe the way to go.

thanks

Premium Features