• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowchecker's Hangout Thread

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Well, haven't even thought about taking the sleds out for over a month now, which is making my wait even worse. Figured I would start a hangout thread for those of us who are in the same boat.

Feel free to post updates you get from polaris or your dealer about delivery dates, or updates they give on your snowcheck.

Thought this might give us something to do thru the slow summer months

D

daldera

Mar 13, 2015
To pass the time I think we should talk about the first thing we are going to do to the sleds after we pick them up.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
To pass the time I think we should talk about the first thing we are going to do to the sleds after we pick them up.

My first plan is to widen my front door, so it doesn't have to get cold in the garage :face-icon-small-sho

In reality, I'll probably park it in the garage, take it apart and put it together 132 times, play with the plastics, start it, play with the gauges, sit on it, make vroom vroom noises, try not to make my girlfriend feel left out with how much time I'm spending with it...the usual.

W

Wood

Dec 7, 2007
As soon as I get her home I'm gonna buy a bunch of rubbers, some lotion and have mad sex with her for a few days.:face-icon-small-win

......and then I'm gonna go pick up my new sled.:face-icon-small-hap

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Still riding, but even after I'm done for the year I doubt I will give it much thought until it starts snowing again next fall. After 14 new sleds they start to become just another sled.

The first thing I will do is remove the carbide from the wear bars. The second thing will be to ride it :) Eric

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
Other than the "build it" page I have not seen a picture of a white LE, so I will probably just gaze in awe for a time. Then, install accessories!!!:face-icon-small-win

D

daldera

Mar 13, 2015
Well I just got my email confirmation on my slutty pumpkin.

I think I may take the A-Arms off and paint them black right away. Oh and just stare at it for awhile.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Still riding, but even after I'm done for the year I doubt I will give it much thought until it starts snowing again next fall. After 14 new sleds they start to become just another sled.

The first thing I will do is remove the carbide from the wear bars. The second thing will be to ride it :) Eric

Rub it in rub it in. This is my first brand new sled, and upgrading 12 years in technology, so I'm pretty excited.

I did all black with silver, black tunnel and rails, so the a arms are going to have to be pulled and painted black. What do you plan to paint them with? I was thinking just some black machinery paint over top of standard grey primer, but is there something better? I'm nervous about powder coating them.

Next up will be a lightweight can. I'm going to talk to my dealer to make sure that's ok with him as far as warranty goes, and probably run the stock can for a couple rides to make it look "used" if I ever should have to go in for warranty work and need to send pictures in.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Same as the last couple sleds.. Bring it home in Oct. all giddy, take a few hundred pics of it while it still looks new, stuff it into the storage unit and wait until January for snow :face-icon-small-dis

D

daldera

Mar 13, 2015
I am the same, first time snow checking a sled, my last sled was a 96 Indy 440, should be quite a difference. Definitely do not powder coat them. It's almost impossible to not affect the properties of the aluminum. I am not sure exactly what paint, my buddy has painted some items on his pro and they have held up nice, I plan on using whatever he did.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Looking for someone who might be interested in trading side panels (blue for orange). PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
I ordered the mid bars but will likely want something an inch or two higher. does anyone know what the best riser would be that is adjustable from 1 - 3 inches? or maybe a non adjustable that is just 1.5 inches?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
You can get 1" and 2" riser blocks from a lot of sources. I don't know about 1.5" blocks though. I ordered the low bars. It is a lot cheaper to use a riser if you want them higher than it is to buy new bars. 1" will get you to the mid length and 2" will get you to the high length which is approximately what the Pro Taper bars were on the 11 through 15 Pro.

Premium Features