• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 sneak peak, anyone have questions?

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Could you look at the bracing on the tunnel by the footwells and get some pics and report back? Some say they are beefed up some say no. Compare SKS and Pro please

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Sneak in a spring puller and whatever tools are needed, as well as a scale, and weigh the can:face-icon-small-hap. A local dealer has one sitting there and refuses to weigh it, the filthy animal.

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
First impressions

Sks here has an aluminum bumper, not carbon fiber like the pro or assault.

Assault front end has about an inch more ground clearance

There is only one belt drive pro RMK (2.6) and the fit for the plastic and bulkhead at the bottom of the belt drive is terrible. There is a gap I can fit my fingers through. They claim this is just a fault on this pre production model, the sleds with chaincase's belly plastics all fit nice.

The can is huge, obvious weight savings

I did not notice a difference in the front tunnel to strengthen between pro sks and assault.

3" track clears by 2 finger widths

2.6" on sks is a similar 2 finger clearance by the exchanger

All the colors are very "candy like" super bright not dull. On the show room floor it's almost too candy like, will probably look different on the hill.

The glossy Black on side panels has metal flakes making it sparkle.

Fit for hood and side panels is good, easy to remove,

Underside of tunnel is poorly powdercoated on the edges and is only coated on the center underneath, Heat exchanger is bare.

New intake is a felt, reminds me of the felt inside the engine of my '15 duramax.

The track guides only use the center holes in the track, not the outer clipped ones.

I'm 6' and the 7 inch Handel bars feel similar to my '09 dragon RMK
I'll be getting the 6 inch med, I like the black and can always add a riser if needed. The shorts are too small for my liking but really are not bad either. Comes down to preference.

Orange tunnel is absolutely beautiful. The orange hood and side panels don't match perfect but arnt bad either.

I'll put pics up later when I leave and update if more comes to mind

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
I'm not converting but wow the skidoo guys got a summit 154 T3. On the showroom floor it is effortless to get on it's side. Very surprised. Also a better underside powder coating job. That's about as much credit as I will give them. Probably would panel out in the technical stuff compared to the axys

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
The 3" track was just as stiff as the 2.6" if you ride mostly out west, it looked to be a better option. The belt drive belly plastic gap really worried me. I want to believe that was just a bad sled but still I think they need a cover. Chaincase looked solid.

Having trouble uploading pics, I'll try working on it when I have a chance, however if you asked for a specific pic from the posts above i took a few and will email them if you pm your email.

Premium Features