• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Upgraded front track shock

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Is this worth the $400+ price tag? They say it has adjustability on it but sure doesnt look like it from the pic. Anybody seen or order it on their snowcheck?

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
In the description it states that it is a black anodized, remote reservoir, 16 position compression adjustable with a 1/2 inch shaft.

Looks like the final piece to a clicker shock package.

J
Feb 25, 2015
MAINE
I have a 2015 Switchback Pro-S 800 H.O and I had to change the springs on all 4 shocks because it was too soft. In order to get a good ride and stop the bottoming out it had to be done. I'm 280 dressed by the way. I live in Maine and we have great groomed trail systems. The "S" rocks and will be my go to sled for the better part of my riding. I'm however seriously thinking about getting the SKS for a second sled. We had a lot of snow this year and the "S" was capable to get out and have some fun BUT on the heavy snow events the "S" had to work for it and the "FUN FACTOR" was down a few notches. I feel that if I had a second sled more capable of attacking the deep snow I could possibly be opening my eyes to a whole new riding experience. My buddies and I are flat land trail riders for sure and we don't have the open expanses of mountains like out west BUT we do get heavy snowfall and there are lots of Ungroomed tote roads and logging trails that I have always ridden right by with my "S" but can't help but think about ripping right up those un touched trails. It has been a toss up between getting the "X" with the 1 3/4" track or jump right into an SKS and see what it is all about. I'm leaning towards the SKS because I'm afraid the "X" would only be slightly different than my "S" which I plan to keep. Given the suspension issues I had to contend with on my "S" I'm wondering if a guy my size "280lbs" should get the expensive Front Track Shock upgrade on the SKS. Is this shock a definate need in my case or is it only for the guy that is cliff jumping?

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
I think the front track shock for ~$429 (whatever it is) is a rip off. Upgrading to this shock replaces the standard one, however the upgrade cost of $429 is the EXACT same price as if you bought it seperate. If you want it that bad save a $100 or $200 and buy it seperate from the sled then sell the original shock to get some money back. Common sense.

Jul 22, 2009
It also looks like there is an Exit front track shock for as low as $410. I don't have any experience with Exit's but I see everyone raving about them.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I am under the impression that any accessory bought is delivered in addition to what the Snowcheck snowmobile comes with, not in lieu of an already installed part.

So it would come with the stock shock installed and have the premium shock in a box at delivery.

BLSDEEP

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
Bozeman
I am under the impression that any accessory bought is delivered in addition to what the Snowcheck snowmobile comes with, not in lieu of an already installed part.

So it would come with the stock shock installed and have the premium shock in a box at delivery.

I would be shocked if poo did that! Pun intended.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I configured an SKS which already come with resevior needle clicker shocks. I wonder how this is any better or different.

On the pro rmk, assault and sks with clickers the front track shock is still a non resivior shock.

If you add it for $429 you get both shocks.
Dealer installed.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Take a look at Raptors- hands down MUCHO better than spending your $$ on the clickers by fox- my sno check is standard WE and will pulled before first ride
My first ride on Raptors in 2013 and now nothing even catches my eye- sold smoooth performance.

S/C

Premium Features